Fianc?e) I-129F Petitions Recalled by DHS

Guest pushbrk
Well, that hits me right in the guts - right where it hurts.  I do not want to tell my SO about this.  She will be devastated.

217543[/snapback]

Ron, Relax. Lee's post represents a misunderstanding. You're ok. Only cases "received" after March 5 are impacted. Your was received a few days before the deadline.

" If posts have any question about the correct

priority date of the K1 case, they should use the priority

date (receipt date) written or stamped on the original

petition. DHS has not requested return of K3 or K4 I-129F

petitions."

I never saw my priority date until it showed up on the P3. It is the actual date the package was stamped received by the service center. In my case that's two days earlier than the NOA1 was issued from the service center mine was transferred to. Fortunately K3s are not impacted by this new law.

Only K1 petitions "delivered" to the service center address AFTER March 5, 2006 are impacted. Unfortunately that does impact some of our members.

217554[/snapback]

Mike, I have not changed my timeline and it is accurate. I looked at my NOA1 and it has a "Received Date" of 03/06/06. It was "delivered" to USCIS on 3/1/06. So, I guess it's right there on the cusp so to speak. Is there any way to find out? If they would just let us know what they want, we could send it to them and get the show on the road. I'm very confused and bewildered at this point. Now this is what CFL is all about. <_<

217653[/snapback]

That sucks, Ron. I don't know how you get case specific information from USCIS between NOA1 and NOA2. What you want to know specifically is your "priority date". That date is stamped on the actual petition. I am not aware of it showing anywhere before P3.

By rights, you should be ok. That's not saying much.

According to the telegram, CSC should be going through the petitions on hand and checking those dates. They'll hold the ones stamped with a date of March 6 onward.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk
OMG. I just saw this thread. Maybe this explains why my packet has been held at customs in GUZ.

This is really crappy news, and another fine example of bureaucratic (in)action.

I am going to wait to tell my SO until I have some official notification.

217757[/snapback]

You didn't "see" enough of the thread. Two things.

1. Your package is still in the hands of DHL.

2. Your petition was filed and received before the deadline.

They may, however be holding up K1 P3's until after they see the papers but until a couple days ago we thought they always did that.

Good post, Don. I'm just wondering if anyone would dare to take a guess as to how much longer this will take? What is it that they are looking for that we haven't already turned in with the I-129F? That petition includes about everything I can think of to enable a background check. Will the serial number on the kitchen sink be required? :violin4:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Good post, Don.  I'm just wondering if anyone would dare to take a guess as to how much longer this will take?  What is it that they are looking for that we haven't already turned in with the I-129F?  That petition includes about everything I can think of to enable a background check.  Will the serial number on the kitchen sink be required?   :violin4:

217783[/snapback]

Um, "It's in there." :toot:

4. The Department presently has no information about the

extent of delay for these cases. In the meantime DHS will

send additional questionnaires to the petitioners

inquiring about their possible criminal backgrounds. When

the petition is compliant with the IMBRA, it will be

returned to post from USCIS through NVC for processing.

There is no word on whether this questionaire has been produced and is ready to send out.

The cases delayed the longest will be those that are already at post. I don't think any of our members are in that situation. Ok, actually the longest delays will be those that are between NVC and post but that's still few if any CFL people.

Ron is the guy on the cusp and his case is still at CSC.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

If anyone around here thinks that newday2006 was abused (Not physically- but emotionally, financially and what have you - you know sometimes the emotional scars are far more serious and long lasting then physical ones but that is maybe for another thread), if anyone thinks so, then I think you would agree with me that are own goverment would want to protect it's own citizens from these kind of abusers. I don't see anything like that happening here. All I see is hasseling us. So. although I agree with what Don said that things could, and were, in the past, much worse, where is the justice here? or am I missing something?

I would go through a lot more than a delay, personally, if it would prevent even one person from being sexually abused, be they adult or child.

Any current history on K-1 timelines is now out the window. My only hope is that USCIS doesn't screw up this law change like DOS did and created the black hole.

217544[/snapback]

It's a gumment operation so it will get screwed up.

Notice how the USG can turn on the dime when it wants to? when it only people's lives and not big money?

The USCIS gives a customer relations number. Is it fruitless to call that number?

It is just the phone number to the National Customer Service Center. They won't know any more than what is on the web site that we read, if at all.

217834[/snapback]

Well, for what it's worth, this is what it says:

" If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame, please contact the National Customer Service Center"

As I understand it, the purpose of this law is to protect foreign nationals from US citizen sexual predators.    Other than something general like, "Obey the laws of countries you visit", financial restrictions, or something that only applies to military personnel, can anyone think of another case like this where our government requires specific actions by US citizens solely for the benefit of people living in other countries?

217735[/snapback]

The concern is not what happens in the foreign country but what takes place in ours and it's to our benefit to close down the avenues of access to victims by these people. The rest of us get to help support the lucky ones who escape, but many who live in fear often don't get the opportunity to escape and their nightmare called America is a hard life.

The sad part is CFL has seen one of these cases before and a great cheer went up when the repeat offender got a significant sentence.

As I understand it, the purpose of this law is to protect foreign nationals from US citizen sexual predators.    Other than something general like, "Obey the laws of countries you visit", financial restrictions, or something that only applies to military personnel, can anyone think of another case like this where our government requires specific actions by US citizens solely for the benefit of people living in other countries?

217735[/snapback]

The concern is not what happens in the foreign country but what takes place in ours and it's to our benefit to close down the avenues of access to victims by these people. The rest of us get to help support the lucky ones who escape, but many who live in fear often don't get the opportunity to escape and their nightmare called America is a hard life.

The sad part is CFL has seen one of these cases before and a great cheer went up when the repeat offender got a significant sentence.

217875[/snapback]

Please don't read something into my post that isn't there, I fully support the intended purpose of this new procedure and believe there should probably be even more safeguards for the protection of both petitioners and beneficiaries. But my question was a simple and honest one: Can anyone think of another case like this where our government has passed a similar law solely for the benefit of citizens of other countries? Is this something routinely done, or is it breaking new ground? This inquiring mind would like to know, even if just to satisfy my curiosity

I hope this law does make a difference and helps prevent people from becoming victims but we have become a country where breaking the law is not only socially acceptable but has even become a game with many players; just look at all the CB radios and radar detectors in our automobiles. It is hard for me to believe that this law is the best way to solve the problem, but at least it seems to be a start.