Wife and Daughter Got Blue Slips

Please call the U.S. Visa Information Center at 4008-872-333 within China or 86-21-3881-4611 from other countries, from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. (Monday - Friday) and 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. (Saturday) for an appointment. Applicants must provide: names in Chinese characters and pin yin, case number, ID card number, passport number, phone number, and date of birth.

How would one "MUST provide names in Chinese characters" over the phone?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the GIV-24 questions from the SO's perspective:

#4 - "Marriage - List all past/present marriages"

This only calls for the SO's marriages, not the petitioner's. So Rich's ex-wife would not be listed here, only any ex-spouses of Li's. Names of prior spouses of the beneficiary are listed on question 9 of the I-129F.

#6 - "List all relatives"

This is also the SO's relatives, not the petitioner. Perhaps the archaic word "concubine" is a tipoff that this applies to the foreign beneficiary, not the US citizen?

#7 - "Spouse or fiance(e)"

Once again, from the SO's perspective, this would mean the US citizen, not the the family of the foreign beneficiary.

Bottom line, if the consulate wants info on Rich's ex-wife, I don't think it's because of the info on the GIV-24. Maybe the information (or lack of it) on another form raised a red flag.

Guest pushbrk

This only calls for the SO's marriages, not the petitioner's. So Rich's ex-wife would not be listed here, only any ex-spouses of Li's. Names of prior spouses of the beneficiary are listed on question 9 of the I-129F.

This is also the SO's relatives, not the petitioner. Perhaps the archaic word "concubine" is a tipoff that this applies to the foreign beneficiary, not the US citizen?

Once again, from the SO's perspective, this would mean the US citizen, not the the family of the foreign beneficiary.

Bottom line, if the consulate wants info on Rich's ex-wife, I don't think it's because of the info on the GIV-24. Maybe the information (or lack of it) on another form raised a red flag.

218022[/snapback]

The GIV-24 seems to be quite an illusive form. Does anybody have a clean copy or a suggestion for how to prepare the answers in advance?

218022[/snapback]

The GIV-24 seems to be quite an illusive form. Does anybody have a clean copy or a suggestion for how to prepare the answers in advance?

218024[/snapback]

Here's one that a number of people have used as a guide: http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/form/...IV-24_Guide.pdf

This is the language from question #6 that suggests to me that the USC's ex spouse should be listed when dealing with a K-3 or CR/IR-1:

"...If your [alien's] parent of spouse has had more than one marriage or concubine, please include. List all children from that relationship..."

Since he or she would not be a spouse, this additional information would not be required of a K-1 applicant.

218022[/snapback]

218024[/snapback]

Here's one that a number of people have used as a guide: http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/form/...IV-24_Guide.pdf

This is the language from question #6 that suggests to me that the USC's ex spouse should be listed when dealing with a K-3 or CR/IR-1:

"...If your [alien's] parent of spouse has had more than one marriage or concubine, please include. List all children from that relationship..."

Since he or she would not be a spouse, this additional information would not be required of a K-1 applicant.

218028[/snapback]

Good point. I was only looking at it from the point of a K1 applicant.

Guest pushbrk

218022[/snapback]

218024[/snapback]

218028[/snapback]

Good point. I was only looking at it from the point of a K1 applicant.

218035[/snapback]

Does the K/2 or K/4 fill out their own GIV-24?

I also found out this morning that my wife didn't put my ex-wife's information on the Giv-24 under item 6. She said she didn't think it was necessary. :(  :(  So that is why they are asking about information on my ex-wife...I think.

217921[/snapback]

Her SSN should be found on your tax returns from when you were married. Did you toss them all?

I just got a call from my very upset SO. It seems the Vo thinks that our relationship is bogus...and gave my wife and daughter a blue slip. I will post more about what happened when I find out. My wife is going to fax me her blue slip.

217466[/snapback]

I feel for you. I am in the same boat. I met your wife and step-daughter in the hotel. My SO and her were comparing notes on why they though the VO denied their Visas.

My SO did get confused with my two addresses, a physical address and a PO BOX. But it may have been that I too had my divorce finalized in June of 05 after a year of being out of the house and 13 months of a legal separation. I had met my SO in April online but did not get my official divorce papers until June 05 and then met my SO in July where we got engaged. They also asked me for my ex's SSAN and to prove her address and my address. What a hassel. I am going back to GZ from my SO's city today for the Q&A session they have in the afternoon. Hopefully I will get some better answers then. I will be express mailing back to my SO all the needed documents as soon as I get back.

Good luck to you. It must really be hard for you as she told us you put her name on your new house and car. What more can a VO ask for? But I really think it has to do with how soon we connected with our SO's.

After my wife got back to the hotel....she came online in yahoo and told me that the VO  told her that he thought we had married to fast after meeting. She also told me that the VO requests the following items.

1. All emails for the period from June 2004 to Oct 2004. (I thought I had already sent them to her.)

2. A statement concerning my ex-wife. Her address and her social security number. ( My wife should have already put this down on her Giv-24)

3. A statement from me detailing the evolution of our relationship.

She couldn't talk very long as her and her daughter had to go to the airport to catch a flight home. When she gets there, she will fax the blue slip to me.

So what I thought was going to be one of the happiest days of my life...turned into one of the worse days of my life. :roller:  :roller:

217541[/snapback]

My SO and I met in Sept. of 2003 and was Married Dec of 2003. Marriage time line was not a factor for SO and Son, of course I was there

for the interview and did attend an American Citizen Hour and sent a few E-mails to the consulate asking questions mainly just to let them know I cared about my SO and Step Son. So I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

Good Luck