Wife and Daughter Got Blue Slips

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't panic yet. Chances are you can provide evidence to overcome the blue slip. Make sure she faxes you every paper they gave her. Usually the blue slip is accompanied by an explanation of just what it is they want

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Don't panic yet.  Chances are you can provide evidence to overcome the blue slip.  Make sure she faxes you every paper they gave her.  Usually the blue slip is accompanied by an explanation of just what it is they want

217468[/snapback]

Sounds like yours will be one of the two-step approvals. If the issue is a bona-fide relationship, it usually means there was insufficient evidence submitted for approval. This is not the same thing as a VO thinking your relationship is bogus.

Now is the time for calm action on your part.

Guest ShaQuaNew

As Carl and Mike said, though it's disappointing, remember that many times this type of denial can be overcome with additional evidence. Hang in there. They must present you with the specific reason for denial and what you must present to overcome.

After my wife got back to the hotel....she came online in yahoo and told me that the VO told her that he thought we had married to fast after meeting. She also told me that the VO requests the following items.

1. All emails for the period from June 2004 to Oct 2004. (I thought I had already sent them to her.)

2. A statement concerning my ex-wife. Her address and her social security number. ( My wife should have already put this down on her Giv-24)

3. A statement from me detailing the evolution of our relationship.

She couldn't talk very long as her and her daughter had to go to the airport to catch a flight home. When she gets there, she will fax the blue slip to me.

So what I thought was going to be one of the happiest days of my life...turned into one of the worse days of my life. :cheering: :cheering:

It's not as bad as it seems. Apparently, the VO wants some more information on the development of the relationship between the time you met and the time you got married. Others know how frustrating it is to have to supply information that was already provided, but you don't have much choice. I'd provide what was previously provided AND provide any additional information that you might have.

Information on the USC's ex is usually aimed at making sure you and your ex have really split and are not complicit is some scheme. I remember one member whose relationship with his ex was very cordial, and this raised a flag with the VO.

Gather the information, present it, and the happiest day of your life will come. Good luck.

After my wife got back to the hotel....she came online in yahoo and told me that the VO  told her that he thought we had married to fast after meeting. She also told me that the VO requests the following items.

1. All emails for the period from June 2004 to Oct 2004. (I thought I had already sent them to her.)

2. A statement concerning my ex-wife. Her address and her social security number. ( My wife should have already put this down on her Giv-24)

She couldn't talk very long as her and her daughter had to go to the airport to catch a flight home. When she gets there, she will fax the blue slip to me.

So what I thought was going to be one of the happiest days of my life...turned into one of the worse days of my life. :(  :(

217541[/snapback]

Looks like I will have the same problem. I met my wife on line, and married her on my first visit approximately 5 month later. Oh well, I'v printed all of our e mails and on line chats from May 05 untill now. Thing is, I know of some people with the exact same situation that were approved on their first interview. I guess it depends on who reviews the file.

After my wife got back to the hotel....she came online in yahoo and told me that the VO  told her that he thought we had married to fast after meeting. She also told me that the VO requests the following items.

So what I thought was going to be one of the happiest days of my life...turned into one of the worse days of my life. :(  :(

217541[/snapback]

Did she get a date for the overcome?

Looks like I will have the same problem. I met my wife on line, and married her on my first visit approximately 5 month later. Oh well, I'v printed all of our e mails and on line chats from May 05 untill now. Thing is, I know of some people with the exact same situation that were approved on their first interview. I guess it depends on who reviews the file.

217572[/snapback]

Because her daughter is trying to go to college in the States, the VO might think this as a way of getting her here, as F-1 visa has high decline rate.

Other factors a VO may consider include finances, occupations, prior marriages, etc., to say the least.

I hope Li can overcome. The traveling to and from GUZ by air can really become a financial burden for a Chinese family sometimes.

No...she hasn't gotten a date yet to present the overcome evidence. I think she is going to wait until I express mail the information needed, before she calls Guz for another interview. The thing that upsets me the most....is that @#%^!@ VO playing God. If we had met in the US and decided to get married after 5 months...would it still be the same thing???

No...she hasn't gotten a date yet to present the overcome evidence. I think she is going to wait until I express mail the information needed, before she calls Guz for another interview. The thing that upsets me the most....is that @#%^!@ VO playing God. If we had met in the US and decided to get married after 5 months...would it still be the same thing???

217595[/snapback]

I hear you... but what can you do? we all have to put up with this. Looks like you have everything they want, so now it's just a matter of getting that second interview and picking up the visa. Tell your wife not to sweat it. She'll get it I am sure!!

Best of luck to you!

Hey I can feel your pain. I too have the same problem. It so far it has been over a month, and still no answer from Guz.

rick and Yanlan

Hey I can feel your pain. I too have the same problem. It so far it has been over a month, and still no answer from Guz.

rick and Yanlan

217617[/snapback]

Very discouraging since our plans are to marry during the 1st visit. I'm not sure if I can afford to go back. I think I better.

So what I thought was going to be one of the happiest days of my life...turned into one of the worse days of my life. :pilot:  :lol:

217541[/snapback]

Dude, relax. Your case is not a tough one. She will be able to get the visas.

1. Sort all your emails in order.

2. Provide SSN of you ex again. If possible, present some utility bills to show you are not living with your ex.

3. Sure you can write a statement.

4. Your SO can buy a prepaid card from CITIC Bank (zhong xin yin hang), RMB54 for 12 minutes, or RMB36 for 8 minutes. Make an appointment for submitting the documents to overcome denial.

Usually there'll be no interview, only submit docs to overcome denial.

5. Before she makes a call with the prepaid card, she needs the following information ready:

A. data on her passport: passport no., name both in pin yin and Chinese characters, date of birth, ID number

B. visa category (K3 or CR1?), date of interview

Take it easy, you make it.