Rec'd email approval for I-130

Grettings all,

I submitted the I-130 for my spouse a few months ago. I rec'd the NOA1 a few weeks later and dutifully submitted the I-129F afterwards. Today I rec'd 3 duplicate emails from USCIS that state my I-130 has been approved. Here's what it looks like:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On May 18, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Does this mean that they will now contact the consulate in Guangzhou and the process will proceed from there? I'm not quite certain if I should be doing anything or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado

You don't have to do anything now. Just wait for the packet of forms.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

"When your I-130 petition is finally approved, the service center with which you filed your petition, will send you another Notice of Action letter indicating your approval, and the forwarding of your approved petition to the National Visa Processing Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, along with a phone number to contact the NVC with. Your case will now only be dealt with by the NVC. The service center that you filed with, will have no more knowledge on the status of your petition or case.

A few weeks after you have received your last Notice of Action indicating the approval and forwarding of your I-130 application to the NVC, the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad. The packet will likely contain an Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms that must be filled out by the intending immigrant. An I-864 form is also included that must be filled out by the petitioner (living in the US). The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form that requires copies of the petitioners past 3 U.S tax returns (or tax transcripts which are free from the IRS) as well as any bank or financial records available (see the I-864 for exact requirements based on your case). "

Guest pushbrk
Grettings all,

I submitted the I-130 for my spouse a few months ago.  I rec'd the NOA1 a few weeks later and dutifully submitted the I-129F afterwards.  Today I rec'd 3 duplicate emails from USCIS that state my I-130 has been approved.  Here's what it looks like:

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: 

This case has been approved. On May 18, 2006, an approval notice was mailed.  If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Does this mean that they will now contact the consulate in Guangzhou and the process will proceed from there?  I'm not quite certain if I should be doing anything or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado

216500[/snapback]

There will be multiple steps still to come before NVC sends your I-130 to GUZ. I'm using the shortcuts mentioned here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117