Florida Drivers Handbook in Chinese

I also found out the following while looking into this a while ago...

Just learned that in [south] Florida, you have to take a drug course, then can take the written test. 

Here's the unbelieveable part:  You can take both of them online !  Don't even need to be overseen by anyone to ensure it is actually you taking the test  :o

206780[/snapback]

It's true what David said, it usually is.

But, there is a chance that a candidate will be re-tested at random during the driver's test portion of the application.

My wife used the Washington state chinese version. I no longer have the link .I believe she searched the Internet for 'driver's test.'

yes you have to watch a movie i think and learn about drinking and driving and other narcotics...

its the drunk drivers course from what i understand

no big deal

little quiz afterwards...

so if SO has a beiijing chinese drivers lic how will that help her?

I contacted the DMV.. they told me that there were no translations - other than in Spanish.

I contacted companies who charge you to help you get a license - they also said no Chinese version exists.

And it is true that you can do all the extra class work on the internet. I was told they do not bother to verify if the person actually did this themselves. I figured if they question this - I will say I translated it all for my wife as the test was taken online. :shutup: Neither of us consume alcohol - so it really is a waste of time for us anyway - it is all about alcohol and substance abuse while driving.

Scott

Someone also posted a link for a Chinese translation of the California driver's handbook.

I think it was Lee who pointed out that the Washington handbook is a page-by-page translation of the English version, which makes it much easier to help out.

yes you have to watch a movie i think and learn about drinking and driving and other narcotics...

no big deal

213566[/snapback]

They will accept licenses from other states in lieu of the tests a new driver would have to take, but you surrender the other license.

You probably don't want that to happen with her Chinese license (I think someone reported that that did happen).

no big deal

213566[/snapback]

They will accept licenses from other states in lieu of the tests a new driver would have to take, but you surrender the other license.

You probably don't want that to happen with her Chinese license (I think someone reported that that did happen).

213584[/snapback]

why would that be bad if she turned in one to get another?

no big deal

213566[/snapback]

213584[/snapback]

why would that be bad if she turned in one to get another?

214291[/snapback]

I think Randy's only warning about turning in the chinese license.. that might not be worth losing.

For any state in the US, you probably have to turn it in, if they remember to ask..

Here's a follow up to the Florida Drug and Alcohol test.

My wife started taking this online... $30. If you take this online, you MUST then take the written test online as well...

There are about 9 chapters that are each timed and end with two test questions. If you answer them correctly, you must wait for the timed portion to complete to continue; if you answer them wrong, you get two more to answer (sometimes one repeats); If it times out, you start the chapter over.

Since my wife's reading level is not there.. and it is timed, she copied each chapter into a word document where she then translated and then also searched the english version to understand the parts... and to answer questions.

once your all done with the chapters, you then will get a 40 question test and must get 32 correct...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
  • 4 months later...