I-134 affidavit of support questions

Guest ShaQuaNew
Hi,

I am filling up the affidavit of support for my fiancee and her daughter (5 years old) and I am wondering if I do only one for my fiancee and mention the child's name in it as person that will come with or do I must fill 2 of them?

thanks

208223[/snapback]

Little confused with your question, but can assure you that you only need to complete one I-134. Complete as per the directions, and have it notarized.

Yes, also insert the 5 year old as coming along with your SO . You are certifying that neither of them will become a Public Charge upon their stay in the USA. If your SO is a K-1 the daughter has deviritive status . Make sure in China that you avoid the problem of custody and have the non-custodial parent be advised of the pending departure of his minor child and must give written and notarized permission to the mother stating that he is giving the child permission to reside permanently abroad

Guest pushbrk
Yes, also insert the 5 year old as coming along with your SO . You are certifying that neither of them will become a Public Charge upon their stay in the USA.  If your SO is a K-1 the daughter has deviritive status . Make sure in China that you avoid the problem of custody and have the non-custodial parent be advised of the pending departure of his minor child and must give written and notarized permission to the mother stating that he is giving the child permission to reside permanently abroad

208267[/snapback]

The permission from the non-custodial parent is one method. The other is a court document clearly giving full custody to the mother. Either requires a notarial translation.

Yes, also insert the 5 year old as coming along with your SO . You are certifying that neither of them will become a Public Charge upon their stay in the USA.  If your SO is a K-1 the daughter has deviritive status . Make sure in China that you avoid the problem of custody and have the non-custodial parent be advised of the pending departure of his minor child and must give written and notarized permission to the mother stating that he is giving the child permission to reside permanently abroad

208267[/snapback]

The permission from the non-custodial parent is one method. The other is a court document clearly giving full custody to the mother. Either requires a notarial translation.

208268[/snapback]

ok, I was gona ask for the custody. the father is not anywhere close to be found but the mother has a clear court divorce order giving her custody of the child

is that good enough?

Guest pushbrk
Yes, also insert the 5 year old as coming along with your SO . You are certifying that neither of them will become a Public Charge upon their stay in the USA.?If your SO is a K-1 the daughter has deviritive status . Make sure in China that you avoid the problem of custody and have the non-custodial parent be advised of the pending departure of his minor child and must give written and notarized permission to the mother stating that he is giving the child permission to reside permanently abroad

208267[/snapback]

208268[/snapback]

ok, I was gona ask for the custody. the father is not anywhere close to be found but the mother has a clear court divorce order giving her custody of the child

is that good enough?

208373[/snapback]

It would be difficult to say but if the direct translation literally says so, then I think, yes, that's enough. I have a copy of the one my wife obtained but it is far more recent than the divorce itself. It is my understanding that in China, one parent has custody, period.

In our case the daughter is likely to turn 18 from days to a couple months before the interview, so the document won't be used unless the interview is before the birthday.