Approved Petitions

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

Since we've not heard from Timeline (Mark), I am volunteering to collect and track all Candle members processing times so that we can all have a single place to review what's happening. To better help managing and tracking, only those who have an approved petition sent to GUZ will be tracked. To do this I need the following from you; if an event has not yet occurred, write "PENDING:"

1. Specify the Visa type you are pursuing (e.g., K1, K3, IR1, CR1, etc.)

2. Date your petition was approved, as indicated on your I-797.

3. Date your petition was sent to the NVC as indicated on the letter sent to your home (loaded).

4. If known, date your package was received by GUZ and signed by STAMP via DHL.

5. If known exactly, date your petition was entered into the GUZ computer (open)

6. Date your partner received their P3, at their home in China.

7. Date your partner returned completed P3 information to GUZ

8. If known, date your P3 information was entered into the GUZ computer.

9. Date your partner received P4 information at their home.

10. Date interview scheduled

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse,

you might consider collecting:

- USCIS center (or DCF)

- Name check date completed

You should ask for the info to be in a standard format so you can paste easily and align info as needed...  maybe provide a sample of exactly the way you want it, including the date format...

207966[/snapback]

You know Mr. Database guy, you are more experienced at this than I. While I've worked with some pretty cool spreadsheets in the past, I've not the range of experience with programming and databases as you. We are limited on this site, but I can take a comma delimited file and past it into Excel. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I once talked to Don about having an 'entry' timeline built into CFL.. maybe it's time to re-visit that.. since maintaining this stuff is time consuming...

207971[/snapback]

Perhaps we can get a copy of the code that Visa Journey uses for their timeline entry stuff?

I once talked to Don about having an 'entry' timeline built into CFL.. maybe it's time to re-visit that.. since maintaining this stuff is time consuming...

207971[/snapback]

Perhaps we can get a copy of the code that Visa Journey uses for their timeline entry stuff?

207974[/snapback]

you went from database programmers to hackers pretty quickly :sosad: :rolleyes:

Guest ShaQuaNew

207971[/snapback]

207974[/snapback]

you went from database programmers to hackers pretty quickly :sosad: :rolleyes:

207981[/snapback]

Indeed, getting the information from our members won't be nearly as difficult as maintaining it. No sense in re-inventing the wheel here. Just found this....

Here is the link for that. Probably many have seen it....

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php

vjTimeline ver 3.3

Guest ShaQuaNew

207971[/snapback]

207974[/snapback]

you went from database programmers to hackers pretty quickly :P :P

207981[/snapback]

Indeed, getting the information from our members won't be nearly as difficult as maintaining it. No sense in re-inventing the wheel here. Just found this....

Here is the link for that. Probably many have seen it....

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php

vjTimeline ver 3.3

207983[/snapback]

In the meantime, while we look around for an alternative entry method, those that wish to can PM me the information as requested earlier in this thread. I will create a timeline from that....

1. IR1 (+K3)

2. Dec. 27, 2004 (for K3: May 10, 2005)

3. July 22, 2005 (after I returned completed P3 information to NVC)) (for K3: no record)

4. unknown

5. unknown

6. April 21, 2005 (Date your partner received their P3, at their home in China) (for K3: June, 2005).

7. May 28, 2005, mailed to NVC (Date your partner returned completed P3 information to GUZ) (for K3: July 4, 2005)

8. unknown

9. October 16, 2005, upon my email request (for K3: October 2, 2005)

10. Nov. 22, 2005 (for K3: Nov. 22, 2005)

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

I've sent an email to Mark (AKA, Timeline) to ask what method he used to keep his columns so straight and neat. I'm guessing he used a spreadsheet, but, we are limited to using only BB code on this site, and cannot use it to make and manage columns and tables as one would use with HTML or XML.

So, if anyone is privvy to a work-around for inputting the information into Candle so that it is straigtht and neat as it appears in the spreadsheet, your help would be appreciated.

Note: I want to avoid linking to an external file or using an image.

Thanks

I've sent an email to Mark (AKA, Timeline) to ask what method he used to keep his columns so straight and neat. I'm guessing he used a spreadsheet, but, we are limited to using only BB code on this site, and cannot use it to make and manage columns and tables as one would use with HTML or XML.

So, if anyone is privvy to a work-around for inputting the information into Candle so that it is straigtht and neat as it appears in the spreadsheet, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

208195[/snapback]

It's pretty simple to align it, go to one of his posts and hit reply to see the magic. :blink:

How.....To.....make.....Columns

You.....Do.....it............like this.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks

208195[/snapback]

It's pretty simple to align it, go to one of his posts and hit reply to see the magic. :blink:

How.....To.....make.....Columns

You.....Do.....it............like this.

208202[/snapback]

Thanks Lee, I appreciate your feedback, but there appears to be more happening than just simply replying to it. The code is lost in the reply so you can't see what it was. Notice in the following that some of spacing code is dimmed, and the columns are aligned right on the money.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14982