now what

ok another dumb question....

now that she is able to get here on her time....

what should be the next thing i should be concentrating on...

i talked with the lawyer and he told me in so many words to go and :whistling: myself.... he said he had finished his obligation....

i talked with the lawyer and he told me in so many words to go and  :o  myself.... he said he had finished his obligation....

205418[/snapback]

Hi Bill,

Congrats by the way.

The first thing is to have Chunyan get to the States.

Once that happens, Candle is here to help as well as myself and my beautiful wife. If you'd like, I'll send an email with my #.

Then, it's just another waiting game!

Good luck!!!

Eric and Lucy

i talked with the lawyer and he told me in so many words to go and  :o  myself.... he said he had finished his obligation....

205418[/snapback]

Hi Bill,

Congrats by the way.

Once that happens, Candle is here to help as well as myself and my beautiful wife. If you'd like, I'll send an email with my #.

Good luck!!!

Eric and Lucy

205423[/snapback]

Hey Izus, in just about every major city, there is an immigration office. You can look in your phone book under the blue pages, i'm sure you will find it there. You can call them and ask what specifically you need to do to adjust her status. I would go that route , then if you have any other questions or if things look hazy you can ask in CFL. But you want that info from the horses mouth i would think. Grats and good luck.

You can do a few things to get ready for her:

1. Locate all the Asian markets in the area.

2. Depending on her English level check out ESL classes in the area.

3. If you will be doing the AOS paperwork you might as well get started before she arrives.

4. Get the stuff needed for her SSN ready to go so you can do this about 2 weeks after arrival. Should be able to get a state id the same day.

5. Get your marriage certificate and plans made for a wedding, honeymoon and anything else you guys have in mind.

6. Try to locate any local Chinese associations in the area and try to find ways for her to talk with other Chinese women, she will have many questions.

This may be a shameless plug, but the book that tywy_99's wife wrote is suggested reading material, or so my wife says.

The list is endless, but the idea is to try to prepare things so that the two of you can spend time together without the stress of trying to do too much at once and you have less time stressing over paperwork once she is here.

The AOS process is pretty straight forward, and Eric's list in the Links & Resources section is a great start.

This may be a shameless plug, but the book that tywy_99's wife wrote is suggested reading material, or so my wife says.

205442[/snapback]

Sounds like something we should both read. What is the name of the book, and what is tywy_99's wife's name?

Walter

205450[/snapback]

It is only in Chinese, CHINESE KNOT AND AMERICAN DREAM

You can PM him to see if he has any copies left or have your SO pick one up in China, a hot seller.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

205442[/snapback]

Sounds like something we should both read. What is the name of the book, and what is tywy_99's wife's name?

Walter

205450[/snapback]

Oh yea!! I forgot about the book from tyys wife. It was in the luggage too for Yanlan to read. NOw it ils gone forever too!!

rick and Yanlan :roller: :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

3. If you will be doing the AOS paperwork you might as well get started before she arrives.

4. Get the stuff needed for her SSN ready to go so you can do this about 2 weeks after arrival. Should be able to get a state id the same day.

5. Get your marriage certificate and plans made for a wedding, honeymoon and anything else you guys have in mind.

6. Try to locate any local Chinese associations in the area and try to find ways for her to talk with other Chinese women, she will have many questions.

The list is endless, but the idea is to try to prepare things so that the two of you can spend time together without the stress of trying to do too much at once and you have less time stressing over paperwork once she is here.

The AOS process is pretty straight forward, and Eric's list in the Links & Resources section is a great start.

205442[/snapback]

You know, here is a lot of good ideas, but, one little thing is overlooked. :( CLEAN YOUR HOME! and when you are done, CLEAN IT AGAIN! :lol: really, what it comes down to is figuring out what you would like to show your lovely bride about her new home. Whether it's the local Asian food market ar just the sights. Make her a part of wedding and celebration plans,(learned this one the hard way) and collect the forms needed for AOS and other documents. Don't sweat it too much though. You made it through the tough part. Now just get her here and let the ride of a lifetime begin.

Congratulations! You are almost to the finish line! B)

Edited by Feathers268 (see edit history)

205442[/snapback]

You know, here is a lot of good ideas, but, one little thing is overlooked. :rolleyes: CLEAN YOUR HOME! and when you are done, CLEAN IT AGAIN! :lol: really, what it comes down to is figuring out what you would like to show your lovely bride about her new home. Whether it's the local Asian food market ar just the sights. Make her a part of wedding and celebration plans,(learned this one the hard way) and collect the forms needed for AOS and other documents. Don't sweat it too much though. You made it through the tough part. Now just get her here and let the ride of a lifetime begin.

Congratulations! You are almost to the finish line! :wub:

205478[/snapback]

Yes, clean it well.

AND DO NOT FORGET THE BOTTOM OF THE TOILET SEAT!

i talked with the lawyer and he told me in so many words to go and?:)?myself.... he said he had finished his obligation....

205418[/snapback]

Hi Bill,

Congrats by the way.

Good luck!!!

Eric and Lucy

205423[/snapback]

Hey Izus, in just about every major city, there is an immigration office. You can look in your phone book under the blue pages, i'm sure you will find it there. You can call them and ask what specifically you need to do to adjust her status. I would go that route , then if you have any other questions or if things look hazy you can ask in CFL. But you want that info from the horses mouth i would think. Grats and good luck.

205437[/snapback]

good point thanks

as some of you know i just purchased my first home, it was a disaster when i moved in and i have gone over it with a fine tooth comb...soaking everything i can actually soak in gallons of bleach poured into plastic garbage cans.

all is complete now except painting downstairs which i wanted to wait for SO to decide on colors. new carpet is in upstairs and making th house smell like brand new.

only thing the house is missing is the SweetSpring that will be here in days :)

shes very nervous and everything coming to a boil in beijing....

mama is trying to get her to stay a few days more and sisters are still unconvinced she is leaving at all <_<