Two issues involving...

Help is needed once again.

First issue: I want to find out if my SO's name clearance has gone through.

Can I call the DOS for this information?

And if so, how? (If the info is in the FAQ, just point me there)

Second Issue: The cover letter from the "Packet 3" that I received from GZ states my wife's year of birth is off by one year.

How big of an issue is this?

Could it bring delays?

Should I Email GZ to notify them of this?

As always, thank you all for the help. Without it..... I think we all would go crazy.

Help is needed once again.

First issue: I want to find out if my SO's name clearance has gone through.

Can I call the DOS for this information?

And if so, how? (If the info is in the FAQ, just point me there)

Second Issue: The cover letter from the "Packet 3" that I received from GZ states my wife's year of birth is off by one year.

How big of an issue is this?

Could it bring delays?

Should I Email GZ to notify them of this?

As always, thank you all for the help. Without it..... I think we all would go crazy.

204750[/snapback]

First issue: Yes

1-0-0

Have beneficiary's name, GUZ number, and DOB ready

Second issue: I don't know.

You might ask the folks at the DoS number. I think, in any case, I'd try to correct it by including a letter in the P3 response noting the error and providing correct info.

Hi:

Jim gives you the DOS # - good luck.

I also hit a snag with a wrong birthdate for her son...lunar vs calender( 1 month different) which confused GuangZhou. The consulate called my Fiance and requested a notarized copy of the birth certificate (for her son) in order to clear this up.

While some have breezed through the P-3 to P-4 period of time in 30-45 days; I am now at 90 days and waiting. DOS has no new info... Maybe that is not what you wanted to hear but I am certain that this did not expedite the process!

Phil

When I sent in my P3 I noticed after it had a wrong address where my SO would stay in the USA. I emailed GZ of the error and it seemed to not be a big factor, In regards to year of birth , I would attach a letter to your P3 with correct DOB. Never know what can cause a delay with a wrong DOB given they do a name check match.

Called the DOS Friday morning local time. Their records show that my wife's year of birth is the same as the cover letter that we received. Which both are incorrect. My guess is a typo... not that uncommon. They advised that this change would be made through the GUZ consulate and to contact them.

So, I Emailed GUZ... but this might not be the fastest or even the safest way to get through to GUZ. <_<

Unfortuantly I just cought the mistake 3 weeks after we sent of the packet 3 info off. Ohh, well.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see from my timeline and this post, I found an error in my SO's DOB. So, after I was instructed by GUZ's Email, I went and faxed the paperwork to provide proof of her DOB. So, I emailed GUZ back to see if they received the fax.

Their response was the same as the first one.... :o

Dear Mr. X,

Please be advised that we are unable to distinguish whether you are the

petitioner based on the email account you are using.  Therefore, in order to protect the beneficiary and the petitioner, we suggest you to mail or fax

the inquiry with your signature. 

Best regards,

It's possible that they can't give out the info due to privacy policies, but it's as if they haven't truly read the email.

So, in order to find out I can either 1: Call DOS and see if the DOB has been corrected or 2: Call GUZ and spend 10mins. on hold for a 1 minute "yes/no" answers @ 58cents a min.

Juuuust a little frustrating.

Edited by change2marrow (see edit history)