I forgot enter cable code !!!!!!!

My god i really can;t believe i made this big mistake but just found out after read chary's post. last Augest i recived Packet 3 and i remember i filled out some form and it asked me about Cable Code :angry: :angry: :blink:

But i wrote down my name 's PinYin instead :blink: :( :(

god i am really crazy now and i really lost all mind and dont know what can i do to fix this big mistake!

please anyone can give me any advice. now i can understand why my namecheck is pending forever. and i really think my case may be already in a black hole since there is no Cable Code on it :D :angry:

my husband is sleeping now god he will be crazy too after he knows it.

What can i do :( :( :(

SBS:

After reading your post, and then going back and re-reading Clary's post, I don't think this is the reason for your delay. I think we may possibly be dealing with a language issue here. From the context of Clary's statement, it seems that what her fiancee was given was the "cable number". What this means is the number of the cable message sent to GZ, not the number that you mentioned was required on the form. When she says "Cable code", I think she means "cable number".

I think what you are referring to is the code they ask for in Packet 3. It is called "Standard Chinese Telegraphic Code". Due to a mistake by GZ, we received two Packet 3s. Interestingly enough, one of them said the Telegraphic code was required, the other said that if one could not find the code, it was ok to omit it. We processed Packet 3 so long ago, that I am not sure what they say now. I would think, however, that if you needed the code, GZ would inform you of this. I really don't think is the cause of your delay. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to worry about this too much.

You might want to try to reach GZ by e-mail or phone and ask about the "Standard Chinese Telegraphic Code". I am not even sure they use it anymore.

SBS:

After reading your post, and then going back and re-reading Clary's post, I don't think this is the reason for your delay. I think we may possibly be dealing with a language issue here. From the context of Clary's statement, it seems that what her fiancee was given was the "cable number". What this means is the number of the cable message sent to GZ, not the number that you mentioned was required on the form. When she says "Cable code", I think she means "cable number".

I think what you are referring to is the code they ask for in Packet 3. It is called "Standard Chinese Telegraphic Code". Due to a mistake by GZ, we received two Packet 3s. Interestingly enough, one of them said the Telegraphic code was required, the other said that if one could not find the code, it was ok to omit it. We processed Packet 3 so long ago, that I am not sure what they say now. I would think, however, that if you needed the code, GZ would inform you of this. I really don't think is the cause of your delay. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to worry about this too  much.

You  might want to try to reach GZ by e-mail or phone and ask about the "Standard Chinese Telegraphic Code". I am not even sure they use it anymore.

Mick

yeah you are right that i didn;t write my "standard Chinese Telegraphic Code" I was trying to find out the name of the that form but dont know where i can find it. well i know Clary was talking about another problem but it just suddenly reminds me theone i had. i have tried toapply a travel visa before Chrismas last year and i also wrote PinYin instead of the telegraphic code. someone foundout for me before i entered in. i just remembered i made the same mitake in 8 months ago :angry:

well since my husband told me chinese name is so confused to Amercain . i really worry it might cause trouble without this standard chinese telegraphic code to FBI.

thank you for your words Mick. i should not worry it this much. :D

SBS:

Just to be sure, I just checked with another board member who is knowledgable about these things and he agrees with what I said. I don't think they even use the Telegraphic Code anymore. But given the problems at GZ, I would still check with them to make sure. In the meantime, relax. I don't think it's a big deal.

SBS:

Just to be sure, I just checked with another board member who is knowledgable about these things and he agrees with what I said. I don't think they even use the Telegraphic Code anymore. But given the problems at GZ, I would still check with them to make sure. In the  meantime, relax. I don't think it's a big deal.

Mick

yeah i found it is Form DS-230. but it was not asking about telepraphic code. :blink: can't remember where it asked me in packet 3 now.

I think i was really too sensitive about my delayed visa. really can;t handle if anything does go wrong again.

I appreciate your comfort so much Mick! i am calm donw now!

Guest chary
My god i really can;t believe i made this big mistake but just found out after read chary's post.  last Augest i recived Packet 3 and i remember i filled out some form and it asked me about Cable Code :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

But i wrote down my name 's PinYin instead :(  :(  :(

god  i am really crazy now and i really lost all mind and dont know what can i do to fix this big mistake!

please anyone can give me any advice. now i can understand why my namecheck is pending forever. and i really think my case may be already in a black hole since there is no Cable Code on it :unsure:  :unsure:

my husband is sleeping now god he will be crazy too after he knows it.

What can i do  :(  :(  :(

After reading Mick's post, I found the mistake here. Yes. What my cable code means cable number, which is cabled from U.S to GZ after clearance, not for your name's cable code when you filled in P#3.