Chinese Characters accurate?

Hi Everyone,

Okay, I am almost too embarrassed to ask, but are the two Chinese characters at the top accurate in terms of use and meaning? :P

I spent a long time trying to learn how to read/write Chinese, but eventually settled on learning to speak/understand only (by watching a lot of Hong Kong movies). I found I much preferred watching movies over sitting at my desk with a bunch of flashcards.

I do find the language absolutely fascinating, and figure that maybe my fiancee can teach me when she comes here.

But in the meantime ... when I need a few characters translated I go to babelfish and mandarintools.com if it's just a small bit of text.

Please let me know if the characters are accurate. If not, please let me know what the best translation for "Candle for love" would be.

Thanks,

P.J.

danswayne,

*w-h-e-w* thanks for your lady confirming that. I guess I'm one of those people that jumps into things ... I pushed this site into a production environment without checking everything over and ended up working frantically the first day (Monday, I think, can't remember anymore) to plug leaks and keep the ship from sinking.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and create simple buttons with this Chinese text then to replace some of the default buttons. :P

Thanks,

P.J. :)

Hello,

I added a few new graphics, just wanted to check to make sure that the "inactive forum" graphic is accurate.

I am using the Chinese symbol wo4 that I believe is for "peace, neutrality, and harmony". Is this correct?

Also, anyone have any ideas of a good symbol for a "read only" forum?!

Thanks!

P.J. :P :)