About DCF( Direct Consulate Filing in GUZ)

Guest pushbrk
Does anyone know that in DCF case, after I130 approved by Guang Zhou consulate, should the DCFer still file I-129F, or not?

202121[/snapback]

No. It is too late. Once the I-130 is at post, it is too late to file for a K3. Besides, there's no reason to. A CR1 visa is immediately available. K3 is for when CR1 is NOT immediately available.

Why do you want to do this?

Does anyone know that in DCF case, after I130 approved by Guang Zhou consulate, should the DCFer still file I-129F, or not?

202121[/snapback]

No. It is too late. Once the I-130 is at post, it is too late to file for a K3. Besides, there's no reason to. A CR1 visa is immediately available. K3 is for when CR1 is NOT immediately available.

202130[/snapback]

:D Hi Nike,

Of course, I don't want to file I-129F, if there is only I-130 enough. I was just a bit confused.

I am going to file my DCF tomorrow In GUZ consulate. If need it I want to take I-129F with me. But obviously I don't need to do that, Great for your important information.

202121[/snapback]

202130[/snapback]

:D Hi Nike,

Of course, I don't want to file I-129F, if there is only I-130 enough. I was just a bit confused.

I am going to file my DCF tomorrow In GUZ consulate. If need it I want to take I-129F with me. But obviously I don't need to do that, Great for your important information.

202138[/snapback]

In my case, the consulate in Chengdu said I was required to file both the I-129F and the I-130. Why...? Even though we know that a DCF is filing automatically for a CR-1...

I didn't even bother to challenge it.

Make sure you cross your "t" and dot your "i".

In my case, the consulate in Chengdu said I was required to file both the I-129F and the I-130. Why...? Even though we know that a DCF is filing automatically for a CR-1...

202170[/snapback]

I'm a bit confused by your timeline which indicates K-3. Maybe Chengdu was similarly confused. If you're truly seeking only an immigrant visa (CR-1), you should only be filing the I-130. If you really want a K-3 visa, Chengdu is right in that you need to file both forms.

IMHO, going after a K-3 visa if direct consular filing for the CR-1 is really available to you seems unwarranted.

Guest pushbrk

202121[/snapback]

202130[/snapback]

:greenblob: Hi Nike,

202138[/snapback]

Now, I'm a bit confused. Your first question asks about filing a I-129 AFTER the I-130 is approved. Now you say you haven't filed the I-130 yet. In that case, I would amend my answer. I don't think there is any advantage to you filing an I 129F for a K3 Visa when the DCF CR1 process using the I-130 is available to you. You WILL need the G 325A forms and other documetation mentioned in the instructions.

202170[/snapback]

I'm a bit confused by your timeline which indicates K-3. Maybe Chengdu was similarly confused. If you're truly seeking only an immigrant visa (CR-1), you should only be filing the I-130. If you really want a K-3 visa, Chengdu is right in that you need to file both forms.

IMHO, going after a K-3 visa if direct consular filing for the CR-1 is really available to you seems unwarranted.

202185[/snapback]

Also, to file the I-129F/K3 you need the I-130 receipt notice...

I wondered if Chengdu immediately issued that receipt notice or simply allows the simultaneous filing (or maybe you went back later to file the I-129F).

Would like to get clarification on this for the FAQ...

thanks..

202170[/snapback]

202185[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, the consulate explained that I'm filling for a K3, but it will be changed to a CR1. Again, I was left a little confused myself. Even more so now when I look back on it. But, after dealing with the Chengdu location before on different matters, I've come to realize that "lost in translation" happens often with the local staff.

Your right, my time line should state CR-1.

202170[/snapback]

202185[/snapback]

I wondered if Chengdu immediately issued that receipt notice or simply allows the simultaneous filing (or maybe you went back later to file the I-129F).

thanks..

202217[/snapback]

I handed in both the I-129F and the I-130 at the same time. A CO looked at the application before they accepted it and the payment. At the time I didn't ask or was told anything by the CO involving what status I was applying for. In prior visits to the consulate I was told and given both forms to fill out for the Immigration process.

After talking to the local staff assistant I was left under the impression that I needed to complete both forms. I did ask what status I would be filing under and I was told it would be a K-3. At the time I didn't know the CR-1 status of filing. Knowing what I know now, I assumed incorrectly and could have been given old or bad information by the assistant. (i.e.. DCF results in a CR1 process)

Again I never spoke directly with a CO about filing status.

The "Notice of Approval Of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition" states nothing about what status I was applying for. Once I received the "P3" it states the preference Category.

I hope this helps. :huh:

202170[/snapback]

202185[/snapback]

thanks..

202217[/snapback]

I handed in both the I-129F and the I-130 at the same time. A CO looked at the application before they accepted it and the payment. At the time I didn't ask or was told anything by the CO involving what status I was applying for. In prior visits to the consulate I was told and given both forms to fill out for the Immigration process.

After talking to the local staff assistant I was left under the impression that I needed to complete both forms. I did ask what status I would be filing under and I was told it would be a K-3. At the time I didn't know the CR-1 status of filing. Knowing what I know now, I assumed incorrectly and could have been given old or bad information by the assistant. (i.e.. DCF results in a CR1 process)

The "Notice of Approval Of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition" states nothing about what status I was applying for. Once I received the "P3" it states the preference Category.

I hope this helps. :huh:

202251[/snapback]

Thanks for following up !

Since you already received P3, you should of gotten an I-864 with it.. this would confirm that they think you are CR1 (a K3 uses I-134 instead).

Also, make sure you get vaccinations when you do the physical.. needed for CR1... (but not necessarily needed for K3).

202170[/snapback]

202185[/snapback]

thanks..

202217[/snapback]

I hope this helps. B)

202251[/snapback]

Thanks for following up !

Since you already received P3, you should of gotten an I-864 with it.. this would confirm that they think you are CR1 (a K3 uses I-134 instead).

Also, make sure you get vaccinations when you do the physical.. needed for CR1... (but not necessarily needed for K3).

202257[/snapback]

I am going to GUZ today to file my I-130, did it last week but failed. And I will let you all know what will happen to my case.

Good luck for us!!