DINING IN GUZ???

shutterme2

Here is another thread about dining in GUZ

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16465

I found this thread to be helpful. David gave some great information about the various businesses and eateries located around the consulate.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry140324

King, also made a nice map you can print out.

Thanks Dan and KJJ......I am going to try Di Matteo this time around.

BTW if anyone likes Indian Food...

I tried Vasstu, very nice place, excellent service, Food was ok but not worth the price.

Jewel of India was another place I went too, Great food and reasonable prices....I guess we will be going there again because my SO loved it.

I have also been to Guangzhou Restaurant....excellent Chinese food.

i love to eat, what can I say and there is only so much Chinese food I can eat in a day :)

This thread was started over three years ago. Is the information still correct? Surely some things have changed. Perhaps new restaurants have opened and others may have closed. Would those of you who have been to GUZ recently (6 mo - 1 year) take a look at the information posted in this thread? If you see anything that should be redacted, please feel free do to so.

It looks like we're shaping up to have several CFLers head down to GUZ before too long.

Jingjing and I are thinking our interview may be before January. While we're down there, we'll be sure to snoop around and take some notes.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

If you like food from northeast China (my favorite): From the embassy, if you turn right on tianhe bei lu and follow that until the pedestrian overpass (15 minute walk?), there is a ¡°dongbei fanguanr¡± on the left (enter the building and go to, if memory serves me, the third floor) and to that bulding¡¯s left is also a western pub that serves American food and where a lot of westerners seem to go in the evenings. On floor 2 of the original building is also a restaurant with southern Chinese food.

well if you like mexican food ,there is a very good one I can recommend

address: Huan shi zhong road zhu jiang da sha,just close to Garden hotel.

Ohh, Mexican food! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch! My wife likes Italian, but I'm craving some fajetias!