Residence question

I will be filing I-130 for CR1 then I-129f for K3, My SO has residence in Shenzhen and HongKong. Would it be best to use HK. I know the K3 will go through HK because we where married there. If I use HK address will the I-130 be processed in HK also?

I don't know if she is a citizen of HK, she does have a HK ID card!

Mat

Edited by Matman (see edit history)
I will be filing I-130 for CR1 then I-129f for K3,  My SO has residence in Shenzhen and HongKong. Would it be best to use HK. I know the K3 will go through HK because we where married there. If I use HK address will the I-130 be processed in HK also?

Mat

195319[/snapback]

If your SO is a citizen of Hong Kong, I think it's better you use HK address. Some friend told me it's faster in Hong Kong. If your SO is a citizen of Shen Zhen, I think you'd use the address of Shen Zhen and the case will be processed in Guangzhou. Cases for Mainland Chinese are processed in Guangzhou, I believe.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I will be filing I-130 for CR1 then I-129f for K3,  My SO has residence in Shenzhen and HongKong. Would it be best to use HK. I know the K3 will go through HK because we where married there. If I use HK address will the I-130 be processed in HK also?

Mat

195319[/snapback]

If your SO is a citizen of Hong Kong, I think it's better you use HK address. Some friend told me it's faster in Hong Kong. If your SO is a citizen of Shen Zhen, I think you'd use the address of Shen Zhen and the case will be processed in Guangzhou. Cases for Mainland Chinese are processed in Guangzhou, I believe.

195325[/snapback]

Though Shenzhen and Hong Kong are separated by about a 45-minute car ride, Shenzhen is considered Mainland China, and Hong Kong is not. If your SO has a legit Hong Kong address and is a citizen there, you would do best by using it. Mainland visas take longer than Hong Kong....

Mat

195319[/snapback]

195325[/snapback]

Though Shenzhen and Hong Kong are separated by about a 45-minute car ride, Shenzhen is considered Mainland China, and Hong Kong is not. If your SO has a legit Hong Kong address and is a citizen there, you would do best by using it. Mainland visas take longer than Hong Kong....

195326[/snapback]

I don't know if SO is a citizen of HK, she has a HK ID card!

Here is what's in the FAQ:

The USC files the I-130 (CR-1) in his/her country of residence. The interview is conducted in the country where the alien resides.

The USC files the I-129F (K-3) in his/her country of residence. The interview is conducted in the country where the marriage took place.

---

Here is someone who had their I-130 process in HK.. The chinese national was working (and residing in HK):

Anyone in Hong Kong?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14521

I don't know if SO is a citizen of HK,  she has a HK ID card!

195329[/snapback]

You might ask her which type of identity card she has: http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkid.htm#type

If it's the ID with "right of abode", I want to say you're good to go with Hong Kong with the CR-1. Otherwise, I'm not sure. I am pretty sure she'll have to present her ID to get the visa whether she processes through Guangzhou or Hong Kong.

I don't know if SO is a citizen of HK,  she has a HK ID card!

195329[/snapback]

You might ask her which type of identity card she has: http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkid.htm#type

If it's the ID with "right of abode", I want to say you're good to go with Hong Kong with the CR-1. Otherwise, I'm not sure. I am pretty sure she'll have to present her ID to get the visa whether she processes through Guangzhou or Hong Kong.

195481[/snapback]

Thanks Frank, I looked up the codes on her card and she does not have right of abode,, so I guess I use the Shenzhen address. Thanks again.

Mat

I don't know if SO is a citizen of HK,? she has a HK ID card!

195329[/snapback]

195481[/snapback]

Thanks Frank, I looked up the codes on her card and she does not have right of abode,, so I guess I use the Shenzhen address. Thanks again.

Mat

195528[/snapback]

To be certain, you might shoot off an e-mail to the consulate in Hong Kong (not Guangzhou) and ask them.