Mail Censorship

Has anyone ever had their mail censored in China P.O.?  Why does some mail take weeks to deliver?

195216[/snapback]

It's probably the address you put on the envelope. After someone on CLF put the word out a few months ago on how to address mail to China I did it and nave had no problems since. But just today I got back an envelope I mailed to SO months ago, cuz I had addressd it wrong. I am wondering how many of my other mailings she never received, hum. Anyway, if you will get your SO to mail you a regualar post mail from China with her address you can make copies of that for all the future mailings you send her. Just copy her address on a copy machine and cut it out and paste it on the envelope you are sending her. ALso, write her name and address in English but paste the Chinese beside her name and address. Do not use their zip code like we do but be sure to use P.R. China instead of just China - I think this helps as SO has gotten all my posts since I started doing that. Hope this helps, Wheel Man

Has anyone ever had their mail censored in China P.O.?  Why does some mail take weeks to deliver?

195216[/snapback]

It's probably the address you put on the envelope. After someone on CLF put the word out a few months ago on how to address mail to China I did it and nave had no problems since. But just today I got back an envelope I mailed to SO months ago, cuz I had addressd it wrong. I am wondering how many of my other mailings she never received, hum. Anyway, if you will get your SO to mail you a regualar post mail from China with her address you can make copies of that for all the future mailings you send her. Just copy her address on a copy machine and cut it out and paste it on the envelope you are sending her. ALso, write her name and address in English but paste the Chinese beside her name and address. Do not use their zip code like we do but be sure to use P.R. China instead of just China - I think this helps as SO has gotten all my posts since I started doing that. Hope this helps, Wheel Man

195218[/snapback]

Thanks Wheel Man. I did that on my last mail to her. I mailed it on the 21st of Feb. and she still has not received it. The envelope contained her bank card and I'm wondering if they open stuff like that and take the contents? I have not had a problem before.

Guest pushbrk

195216[/snapback]

You only mailed it 8 days ago. I find the norm for me is 10-14 days to Nanning. Too soon to worry, in my opinion.

195216[/snapback]

You only mailed it 8 days ago. I find the norm for me is 10-14 days to Nanning. Too soon to worry, in my opinion.

195221[/snapback]

15-20 days from east coast US.

Average time 14 days US Airmail. I noticed packages were faster... maybe because they had to clear customs and such???

195228[/snapback]

Hey Eric, nice to hear from you. So, I guess I'm spoiled with U.S. mail.

195216[/snapback]

:) mail seem to take longer to travel to and from china, sometimes it may take two months ,to recieve a letter, but hange in there and keep sending , all will work out ok,

I had my wife send me her address in Chinese characters which I saved in my computer. Anytime I sent a package or letter I would just print that out along with the pin yin version. Every package or letter I have ever sent to Nanning has gotten there within 2 weeks and never tampered with.

Guest ShaQuaNew

The packages and letters I've mailed to Shenzhen have all taken over 10-days to arrive at their destination. Sometimes up to two weeks. All arrived unopened and untampered.... :greenblob:

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

California to Chongqing for air mail letters takes 7-14 days. We've never had one tampered with nor fail to arrive. Most often they contain photos.

I print envelopes with a full English address over a full address in Chinese characters. The English address has the country listed as "China".

195216[/snapback]

195218[/snapback]

Thanks Wheel Man. I did that on my last mail to her. I mailed it on the 21st of Feb. and she still has not received it. The envelope contained her bank card and I'm wondering if they open stuff like that and take the contents? I have not had a problem before.

195220[/snapback]

I know it can be a little more expensive, however, I have used Fedex. No need to address the SO iin Chinese characters. Fedex employees are trained in English and the package arrives within 4 days.

LT

195216[/snapback]

Chinese characters have 4 tunes.

When you write your SO's address in English, the local post office, especially in a small town or village, may translate it into different Chinese characters.

I suggested my friends do it this way:

Type the address both in English and Chinese.

Print it out. Scan and make a .jpg document.

Email the address to Petitioner so he can print the bilingual address for the envelop.

Hi Ron,

I have made 2 x 4 labels for letters and packages. Loving Candle edited the Chinese characters in MS-Word and emailed me the document. I added the English version. I put them into MS-Word here and made standard address label sheets. These work for me every time.

BTW, when sending anything important I use EMS and I never, ever send cash or jewelry or anything like that. EMS is separate corporation that is deployed world-wide and has contracts with all the PT&T's in the host countries.

When I send an EMS box I put these labels on ALL the edges and front and back. I believe in the MTV model in this instance. "Too much is always enough".

-James