Video Request

Aiai and I recently attended her interview and the VO requested additional information. The request was to supply telephone records, and other means of communication, in addition to a 5 minute video. I completely understand the request for a video. What I don't understand is, at the interview she supplied over on year of emails, 6 months of telephone records, etc. The VO didn't even review these documents and simply said please supply this additional information. Furthermore, she returned all the documents to my wife, except the I-134. The interview lasted a few minutes without any probing questions. Anyone else experience this?

The good news is we had the video shot and she has an appointment on Monday to give the documents and video to the VO. Also does anyone have any experience as to the waiting period for a decision once they have this information

Edited by Larry T (see edit history)

warpedbored,Feb 26 2006, 08:40 AM]

It seems that when a VO decides to issue a blue slip all other evidence the petitioner has with them will not be viewed. Sounds like you have it covered. Just give them what they ask for and hope for the best. This one sounds like a relatively easy overcome. Decisions are usually made soon after the overcome evidence is supplied. Ours was the next day. Since I've been in your shoes I know these words won't help your anxiety much but hang in there. The vast majority of blue slips are overcome.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Good luck on the overcome, and please let us know how the second interview goes.  Also can you give more details of how the interview went?  I am beginning to coach my SO and would like to know how to make certain there is a followup interview set up quickly so the case does not languish....

193765[/snapback]

There really wasn't much of an interview. My wife requested the interview be conducted in Chinese because of her lack to speak English fluently. The VO asked Aiai if she spoke any English and she responded yes, she was then asked to say something in English. Aiai responded with "it is nice to meet you". The VO then paged through the documents and said we can not issue a visa today because we will need additional information. An hour later we placed a call to the Consulate to set up a followup appointment. Keep in mind the initial interview was held on February 13th and the followup appointment was scheduled for February 27th. We immediately flew back to Chongqing and had the video shot. I received an email from Aiai today that she arrived in Guangzhou safely and is ready for the followup. Sorry I can not detail the questions asked because nothing was really asked. I am sure everything will go well for you and I wish you the best.

Larry

Aiai and I recently attended her interview and the VO requested additional information. The request was to supply telephone records, and other means of communication, in addition to a 5 minute video. I completely understand the request for a video. What I don't understand is, at the interview she supplied over on year of emails, 6 months of telephone records, etc. The VO didn't even review these documents and simply said please supply this additional information. Furthermore, she returned all the documents to my wife, except the I-134. The interview lasted a few minutes without any probing questions. Anyone else experience this?

The good news is we had the video shot and she has an appointment on Monday to give the documents and video to the VO. Also does anyone have any experience as to the waiting period for a decision once they have this information

193753[/snapback]

1. put the phone bills in chronical order, highlight your SO's phone numbers u called

2. arrange the emails in chronical order

3. receipts of packages exchanged, and remittance slips.

4. it may be too late to say it, it costs only RMB280 ($35) to get a video shot in Guangzhou.

You don't have to fly from south China to west China to shoot a video.

It's advisable the two of you together comunicating in English for video shooting (if Petitioner IS in China.)

193753[/snapback]

1. put the phone bills in chronical order, highlight your SO's phone numbers u called

2. arrange the emails in chronical order

3. receipts of packages exchanged, and remittance slips.

4. it may be too late to say it, it costs only RMB280 ($35) to get a video shot in Guangzhou.

You don't have to fly from south China to west China to shoot a video.

It's advisable the two of you together comunicating in English for video shooting (if Petitioner IS in China.)

193794[/snapback]

Thank you for your reply. I have all the phone records and emails in chronilogical. As for remittance slips my wife has a credit card I had her issued from my bank in the US. In the documents are the credit card statements showing withdrwals form the Bank of China, along with a copy of her credit card with her name imprinted.

The reason we had the video shot in Chongqing was her next appointment date was scheduled for two weeks later and I could not stay. Thank you again for your advise.

WELCOME to CFL Larry!!!

Good luck with the overcome situation!

BTW: We live in Pahrump ;) . Richard

193816[/snapback]

Richard:

Thank you for support. If all works well maybe you and your SO can meet with us for a joyest time. Over the hump in Parump.As you probably know they will need all the support we can give.

If you like you can email me at invest57@yahoo.com. Once again thank you and may you have many good memories.

Larry