Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and looking for any help I can find with the process I'm about to enter. I'm going to Shenzhen in March to meet and marry a beautiful young lady that I have been writing and talking to for months. We will be married there so we will be filling for a K3 so if there is anyone out there that can give me any pointers or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

In Birch Bay Washington....

Hi Tony,

I see by your reply that it took you almost a 11/2 after appplying for the K1 before she arrived is that normal?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and looking for any help I can find with the process I'm about to enter. I'm going to Shenzhen in March to meet and marry a beautiful young lady that I have been writing and talking to for months. We will be married there so we will be filling for a K3 so if there is anyone out there that can give me any pointers or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

193625[/snapback]

You might consider getting married in HongKong. The process is supposed to be a little faster because the paper work goes through the HK consulat instead of GUZ. My SO is from Shenzhen, We just got married in HongKong on the 14th. But you need to register at the HK marriage registry at least three weeks ahead.

Mat

Welcome to CFL. Good luck with the process. Mat raises a good possible alternative. If you can get married in Hong Kong, you might be able to shave a few months off the K-3 process (the CR-1 paperwork will still go at a snail's pace through Guangzhou).

I'm sure you already know this, but take your paperwork with you, get copies of the Chinese paperwork created there (many copies and translated), take lots of pictures, and have a great time.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Rick

193625[/snapback]

Rick:

One thing I would suggest you do when you go to Shenzhen to marry is that you have a 5 minute video of the both of you communicating in the language you use. I was married in Chongqing in May 2005 and have been to China on three occassions. The last trip was for my wife's interview, which turned out to be a nightmare. We supplied numerous documentation to support our marriage, however, the officer conducting the interview barely reviewed the documents and requested we supply a 5 minute video of us communicating. My wife requested the interview be conducted in Chinese so she didn't misunderstand any questions. Apparently this causes a red flag to the officers. None the less I can understand their concern to a possibilty of fraud. My wife is now in Guangzhou to supply the video on Monday and then must wait a few days for a decision. It is very important to note that you and your wife must be straight forward with all government offcials during the complete process. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Larry

• 1 month later...
Hey Rick,

I told you these guys were good!

Rick

194147[/snapback]

Thanks to everyone,

This is really a great site dont know what I would do with out it.

I know the last thing I want to do is make any mistakes when it comes to filling the forms. My So is from Hohehot so that is where we will be going to get married and she speaks English fairly well and is continuing to go to English classes so I hope by the interview time there will be no problems there. I keep finding more questions so I appreciate everyone who takes the time to help us. I hope someday it will be me giving advice.

Thanks again,

Rick & Liyan