forms prepared by ???

Guest ShaQuaNew
you know how most of the forms have the :

If this form has been prepared by anyone but you, ....

since I prepare all the forms for my SO, should I sign all these forms?

I think I don't need to but the question is:

- can I ?

193022[/snapback]

Well Jean-Charles, :) as you've already seen your questions rather liven up the board here lately..... :D . It's good for us as it gets us thinking...

Yes, indeed that line lives at the bottom of the forms, but is reserved for the person that is preparing the forms on your behalf, which is typically an attorney. If you've prepared forms for your SO, all she needs to do is verify that the information is correct and sign it. There is no need for you to sign as the one that prepared it.

Now, let the other input begin... ;)

- can I ?

193022[/snapback]

Well Jean-Charles, :) as you've already seen your questions rather liven up the board here lately..... :D . It's good for us as it gets us thinking...

Yes, indeed that line lives at the bottom of the forms, but is reserved for the person that is preparing the forms on your behalf, which is typically an attorney. If you've prepared forms for your SO, all she needs to do is verify that the information is correct and sign it. There is no need for you to sign as the one that prepared it.

193024[/snapback]

heheh i saw that.

and this is good because i very greatfully appreciate everyone insight, helps make a knowledgeable decision.

That is what I kinda thought that the line was mostly for attorneys

Guest pushbrk

- can I ?

193022[/snapback]

Well Jean-Charles, :) as you've already seen your questions rather liven up the board here lately..... ;) . It's good for us as it gets us thinking...

193024[/snapback]

Take a deep breath, Jesse. :D I agree there is no need for the SO to indicate they assisted in filling the forms, or sign to that effect.

However, Jean-Charles does not sign "for the beneficiary". The benficiary's signature is required regardless.

So IMO, the direct answer is, you don't need to but yes you can.

If Jesse prepared the forms for you, he could to but there would be no purpose in doing so unless it's done in some official capacity like visa consultant or attorney.

Guest ShaQuaNew
If Jesse prepared the forms for you, he could to but there would be no purpose in doing so unless it's done in some official capacity like visa consultant or attorney.

193026[/snapback]

:) If Mike prepared the forms for you, you should ask him not to spill coffee on them.... :D

http://i1.tinypic.com/ofq3w9.jpg

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Here's what happened in our case...

My SO hardly spoke any english by interview time... so I prepared the forms by typing them up. I figured that since she cannot speak english, how could she type the english up ?? So I decided to fill in that space with my name (relationship as fiancee, etc)...

At this time, the medical facilities were inconsistent in their acceptance of the forms (which Lee eventually got GUZ to clear up :) ) ... but in BJ, they told my SO they would not take these typed up forms !!

Since I told my SO to bring blanks for any issues, she then proceeded to fill out the form (by looking at mine) ... in this case, she reasoned she had filled out the form, so there was no reason to put that anyone else had filled it out !! :D

Guest ShaQuaNew

c'mon dude, get over it. Never been overweight a day in my life, like some others that seem to be having a bad day.

Anyway, David.....agreed. My SO and I have done the same thing.... :)

- can I ?

193022[/snapback]

Don't sign any form unless you're an immigration attorney.

- can I ?

193022[/snapback]

Don't sign any form unless you're an immigration attorney.

193155[/snapback]

So how do you get the initial petition filed if you don't sign anything? :D

I think you guys are making too much of a trivial issue. I think the consulate is probably quite aware that the forms are filled out by us for our fiancees/spouses. I know I never signed I filled any of them out for my wife. I think they are much more concerned with accurate information and validity of the relationship.

- can I ?

193022[/snapback]

I think it's DS-156 Form and 230-II Form.

Yes, the one who assisted her sign it, giving correct information of the relationship, address if it's requried.