Hello to everyone here, I am newer here, I just got Packet#3 today, I am so excited, but I have a question here. how i fill up No#25 question: list dates of all previous visits to or residence in United state( date, location,type of visa)

I went to the United state with K1 Visa in June, 2005, my previous fiance passed away before we got married. i stayed with my present fiance before i left the United state. should i write the location of my present fiance?

Thank for your advice. :unsure:

Guest pushbrk
Hello to everyone here, I am newer here, I just got Packet#3 today, I am so excited, but I have a question here. how i fill up No#25 question: list dates of all previous visits to or residence in United state( date, location,type of visa)

I went to the United state with K1 Visa in June, 2005, my previous fiance passed away before we got married.  i stayed with my present fiance before i left the United state. should i write the location of my present fiance?

Thank for your advice. :unsure:

192899[/snapback]

Yes, write the location. City and State is sufficient. If you stayed in two locations, list two cities and states. If same city different address, make one entry only.

If you have not already stated it clearly elsewhere, I would suggest you indicate on this form that your first fiance passed away before marriage.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
The fact that you have had a K-1 before will make them curious.  Be prepared to give them proof of your ex fiance's death.

192908[/snapback]

I had tried to apply the death of certificate of my previous fiance, but the death certificate of department of that state told me that I am not entitled to get it, it only supply to members of family.

What can i do? thanks :)

Guest ShaQuaNew
The fact that you have had a K-1 before will make them curious.  Be prepared to give them proof of your ex fiance's death.

192908[/snapback]

I had tried to apply the death of certificate of my previous fiance, but the death certificate of department of that state told me that I am not entitled to get it, it only supply to members of family.

What can i do? thanks :)

192978[/snapback]

Do you have your ex fiance's Social Security Number? If so, it's a matter of public record to search that number and determine whether or not the person is deceased. I think you can also search the name. I will try to find the link...

Interesting to note that none of the forms you filled out for K1 ask about previous immigration processing (as the I-130 does for spouse petitions)...

Although it does ask if you've been to the US a few times (in the I-129F and) now again in DS-230 (plus the visa type)

You may get questions from the VO during the interview as to why you were in the US. (this would be like a consistency check against the fact that you stated you were there on a K1 visa)...

so as Carl said, be prepared in some way to show why that visa process stopped.

Did you ever communicate to anyone about this, that you did not get married on the K1 and why?

Interesting to note that none of the forms you filled out for K1 ask about previous immigration processing (as the I-130 does for spouse petitions)...

Although it does ask if you've been to the US a few times (in the I-129F and) now again in DS-230 (plus the visa type)

You may get questions from the VO during the interview as to why you were in the US. (this would be like a consistency check against the fact that you stated you were there on a K1 visa)...

so as Carl said,  be prepared in some way to show why that visa process stopped.

Did you ever communicate to anyone about this, that you did not get married on the K1 and why?

192990[/snapback]

Thanks for all of you, so how i should answer this question in the DS-230, write my present fiance's location? i stayed in the location of first fiance for a few days. the rest of time before visa expire i stayed in the location of my present fiance.

Thanks again. :(

You may get questions from the VO during the interview as to why you were in the US.   (this would be like a consistency check against the fact that you stated you were there on a K1 visa)...

so as Carl said,  be prepared in some way to show why that visa process stopped.

192990[/snapback]

Thanks for all of you, so how i should answer this question in the DS-230, write my present fiance's location? i stayed in the location of first fiance for a few days. the rest of time before visa expire i stayed in the location of my present fiance.

193165[/snapback]

I agree with what Mike had said...

City and State is good enough.. If the same city, then list only once.

stay in touch.. will like to hear your progress ! :(

Interesting to note that none of the forms you filled out for K1 ask about previous immigration processing (as the I-130 does for spouse petitions)...?nbsp;

You may get questions from the VO during the interview as to why you were in the US.?nbsp; (this would be like a consistency check against the fact that you stated you were there on a K1 visa)...

so as Carl said,?be prepared in some way to show why that visa process stopped.

192990[/snapback]

193165[/snapback]

I agree with what Mike had said...

City and State is good enough.. If the same city, then list only once.

stay in touch.. will like to hear your progress ! :(

193167[/snapback]

Thanks all of you again, i will fill up the form today, send it back tomorrow, consulate can start the next step.

I wish everyone here good luck.

keep in touch. :(