how to ask her to marry me?

I take it you're in Beijing right now? Go for it, man!

I haven't thought of how I would ask my wife, I think I would basically just get down on one knee and pull out the right and hold it up to her and try not to ruin the mood with my god-awful Mandain.

I don't think much more needs to be said, unless this method of proposing is not correct for Chinese culture!?

Guest ShaQuaNew
How do you say:

"will you marry me?" in chinese?

what are some of the 101 to know when I will ask her ?

190505[/snapback]

I always found:

"Hey baby, do you wanna get like----------uh, I mean like well, you know-a, well-uh, that long-term thing where couples like live in the same house for a long time, kinda thing, yeah that. Wanna?..................

..rather appropriate for proposal.... :)

How do you say:

"will you marry me?" in chinese?

what are some of the 101 to know when I will ask her ?

190505[/snapback]

¼Þ¸øÎÒ£¬ºÃÂð£¿--Jia/4 gei/3 wo/3, hao/3 ma/0?

¼Þ¸øÎÒ°É£¡Jia/4 gei/3 wo/3 ba/0!

:blink:

190946[/snapback]

I used:

¼Þ¸øÎÒ£¬ºÃÂð£¿--Jia/4 gei/3 wo/3, hao/3 ma/0?

• 3 weeks later...
because we could not speak the same language...  it was enough to just be in a department store and start looking at rings...  No words were actually every spoken...

195783[/snapback]

Agree. In fact I never got a direct answer until in the Taxie on the way for marriage registration (which is marriege over there, legally). And my wife speaks pretty good English.

Since her sisiter told her that maybe I don't understand the customs and she should explain, she then did. She told me sometimes a girl wants something but will not speak. So I went and got certified single at the US Embassy where we really got beat up by Stone Face, who said she would not do it, then did, uhhh. Then in the Taxie, the next day, I explained to her that in America a man asks and the girl answers yes or no. So here we are obviously heading off to get married. We both KNOW. But she never said. So finally she grins and takes a big breath and says Yes Yes Yes. :D

And it was one of those ugly little red taxies at that. Not even a good one.

Moral of the story? Why ask, just do!!! :ph34r:

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)