Do it on a fillable form in PDF format and just redo it then print it out.  Here is a sample form that is fillable.  Make sure you delete anything that doesn't pertain to your particular case.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/I-129F-exp-11-30-04.pdf

186973[/snapback]

That's fine except my SO has already filled out her part in English and also the part that requires the written Chinese. Now, will I have to redo the whole thing, send it back over to China, have her fill it out again, then send it back here? Please tell me no. Ron

Guest pushbrk
If I have made mistakes on the I-129, can I white anything out and initial it?

186972[/snapback]

Relax. You've got plenty of time. You don't even have her passport photos and won't for several days. I suggest you print the example form Warpedbored gave you the link for. Then print some more blank forms and fill them out by hand until you have them the way you want them. (The danger in using the fillable forms multiple times is that you mix up the bad ones with the good ones but if you're confident that's not a problem for you, then don't had write anything. Just keep track.)

Then get the blank fillable forms and do them on line and print. There's no point in taking a chance on leaving any "sample" information in the fillable form. Get everything clear in your head before you worry about finalizing, signing and mailing.

Make sure your SO signs some extra copies of the G325a so you can double check them before mailing too. It's silly to worry about correcting a form when you can redo it so easily.

It has been 3 years since I filled out that form so my memory is fuzzy but after a quick scan of the form and relying on my faulty memory I recall no place on the I-129F that requires her signature. There is one place on line 16 where they ask for her name and address in her native alphabet but that isn't a signature. Simply have her email it to you and cut and paste.

Guest pushbrk
Do it on a fillable form in PDF format and just redo it then print it out.  Here is a sample form that is fillable.  Make sure you delete anything that doesn't pertain to your particular case.

186973[/snapback]

That's fine except my SO has already filled out her part in English and also the part that requires the written Chinese. Now, will I have to redo the whole thing, send it back over to China, have her fill it out again, then send it back here? Please tell me no. Ron

186975[/snapback]

She doesn't need to fill out any part of the I-129f. There is information about her but that can be typed. The same is true of the G 325a. It can all be typed except her signature. The written Chinese can be placed on an attached sheet that you simply refer to in the appropriate blanks on the form. Even the Chinese characters on my attached sheet were typed in Chinese and emailed to me. I pasted the characters into a Word document, printed it and attached it. The only issue I had with the forms was that one Chinese given name had too many letters to fit in the fillable form. I printed the name on a mailing label, cut it out and stuck it in place.

My wife has never touched any piece of paper I actually mailed to USCIS.

With the exception of her "signature" on her G325a, of course. :-)

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

186973[/snapback]

186975[/snapback]

She doesn't need to fill out any part of the I-129f. There is information about her but that can be typed. The same is true of the G 325a. It can all be typed except her signature. The written Chinese can be placed on an attached sheet that you simply refer to in the appropriate blanks on the form. Even the Chinese characters on my attached sheet were typed in Chinese and emailed to me. I pasted the characters into a Word document, printed it and attached it. The only issue I had with the forms was that one Chinese given name had too many letters to fit in the fillable form. I printed the name on a mailing label, cut it out and stuck it in place.

My wife has never touched any piece of paper I actually mailed to USCIS.

With the exception of her "signature" on her G325a, of course. :-)

186980[/snapback]

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I remember on mine since the printable space was too short for the font on the PDF format I litterally cut and pasted it from word. I cut it out with sissors and taped it on. It worked. In retrospect it would probably be bettor to use extra paper as a continuation and attach it to the form.

Do save her name and address in Chinese to your puter for mailing her stuff later on. It will make her mail carriers job easier and prevent losing packages.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)