I have been waiting for the approval on my stepson¡¯s I-130, I had received a RFE, that

they needed my divorce papers from my ex-wife and divorce papers from my current wife and her ex-husband, I sent in my divorce papers but on my wife I didn¡¯t have a copy of her divorce (sent it in with her I-130) I thought I had a copy in my paperwork but I could not find it anywhere but I did have a Chinese court document where she had taken her ex-husband back to court for her child which had in it the date of her divorce, I had a copy made and notarized it and sent that, do you think this will be ok?

Also I have been sitting on her I-130, which is still at the NVC (waiting on the approval of our son¡¯s I-130) which has a time limit of a year I believe, they sent me the I-864 support paperwork in April of 2005 which I still have here waiting on her son¡¯s paperwork to catch up with my wife¡¯s paperwork, with as slow as the approval process

is I am getting worried that my wife¡¯s I-130 will be done away with because of the time limit before her son¡¯s catches up with hers, I thought about going ahead and sending in the I-864 and holding on to the DS-230 on my wife, which I have here also just to keep the time limit from expiring and hope our son¡¯s will catch up soon, Does anyone that has been through this before have any advice what would be the best way of handling this?

We also have a K3/K4 at Guangzhou the P3 was in the computers on 09-20-05 and the last name checks on her son was completed on 12-09-05, we are still waiting on the P4

I do not know why this is taking so long, worried about this too, I am wanting to keep the I-130 petitions active just in case something does not work out on the K3/K4 even though we are planning on going with the K3/K4, (whichever one will reunite me and my wife first) and we can do the AOS after I get my family home

PS: the reason our son¡¯s I-130 was filed after hers was I had hired a attorney to do the paperwork and they did not file a I-130 for our son, I did not know this until I was sent a visa process bill and it did not have his name on it, (what a waste of money for the attorneys, they just did not want to do the extra paperwork on our son) so now our son¡¯s paperwork is way behind my wife¡¯s

Anyhow this is where we stand at now, any advice would be appreciated

God Bless Critter

:ph34r:

Guest pushbrk
I have been waiting for the approval on my stepson¡¯s I-130, I had received  a RFE, that

they needed my divorce papers from my ex-wife and divorce papers from my current wife and her ex-husband, I sent in my divorce papers but on my wife I didn¡¯t have a copy of her divorce (sent it in with her I-130) I thought I had a copy in my paperwork but I could not find it anywhere but I did have a Chinese court document where she had taken her ex-husband back to court for her child which had in it the date of her divorce, I had a copy made and notarized it and sent that, do you think this will be ok?

Also I have been sitting on her I-130, which is still at the NVC (waiting on the approval of our son¡¯s I-130)  which has a time limit of a year I believe, they sent me the I-864 support paperwork in April of 2005 which I still have here waiting on her son¡¯s paperwork to catch up with my wife¡¯s paperwork, with as slow as the  approval process

is I am getting worried that my wife¡¯s I-130 will be done away with because of the time limit before her son¡¯s catches up with hers, I thought about going ahead and sending in the I-864 and holding on to the DS-230 on my wife, which I have here also just to keep the time limit from expiring and hope our son¡¯s will catch up soon, Does anyone that has been through this before have any advice what would be the best way of handling this?

We also have a K3/K4 at Guangzhou the P3 was in the computers on 09-20-05 and the last name checks on her son was completed on 12-09-05, we are still waiting on the P4

I do not know why this is taking so long, worried about this too, I am wanting to keep the I-130 petitions active just in case something does not work out on the K3/K4 even though we are planning on going with the K3/K4, (whichever one will reunite me and my wife first) and we can do the AOS after I get my family home

PS: the reason our son¡¯s I-130 was filed after hers was I had hired a attorney to do the paperwork and they did not file a I-130 for our son, I did not know this until I was sent a visa process bill and it did not have his name on it, (what a waste of money for the attorneys, they just did not want to do the extra paperwork on our son) so now our son¡¯s paperwork is way behind my wife¡¯s

Anyhow this is where we stand at now, any advice would be appreciated

God Bless Critter

:lol:

185003[/snapback]

Is there something preventing your wife from obtaining another copy of her divorce decree and sending it to you? This would deal with the paperwork problem you describe. It is highly doubtful they will acccept something else.

Of course, if your K visas come through and you adjust status the I-130s can rest in peace.

All fees have already been paid on my wife's I-130

I just did not want it to die at the NVC till our son's could catch up

and if they cancel the I-130 would it have any bearing on our K3/K4

I did want to keep both I-130 petitions active for her and our son

because we have not got the P4 for the K3/K4 petitions and it

seems the P4 is way over due according to some of the time lines

I have read on here, I'm getting a little worried of why this would be :unsure:

Edited by critter (see edit history)