SO family member attending wedding in US

Am wondering if it is possible for an immediate family member of my SO's to obtain a visa to the U.S.,so they could attend our wedding.If so,how long would it take to get,and for how long would it be valid?I am projecting a wedding about 5-6 months from now.

184874[/snapback]

Not an expert on this but I think they would get 6 months on a visitor visa. They would have to make a appointment at least one month to six weeks in advance and would have to show strong ties to China (Reasons why they would come back) Including family, money, assets. My suggestion would be to call the shanghai appointment center now and if they fail just reapply the next day. That way you have about 2 or 3 appointments and interviews. Good luck

We net a couple a couple of years ago and had coffee with them at Starbucks. They were here for the daughters wedding. She waa a student in Chicago if I remember correctly. So it may depend on - -who knows.

Thanks to all the visa overstayers, it is hard for most any Chinese to get a tourist visa.