when you file I 130 is it the same process ?

Here is what's in the Visa FAQ:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

Q.1.6 CR-1?

A.1.6.1

The U.S. citizen marries the foreign fiance in the USA or in another country (could be home country), the foreign fiance goes back to his/her country, the U.S. citizen applies to the Service Center for an I-130 spousal visa petition.

This is basically the 1st half of the K-3 process. If you file for a K-3 you are filing to get an IR-1 / CR-1 by default (filing an I-130) as well as for the K-3. The K-3 was designed to allow the foreign spouse to enter the US even if the I-130 has not been approved. In most cases this works out well since the I-130 takes so long to approve and the K-3 is relatively fast. In some cases the I-130 is approved fast enough though that this option is better then a K-3 (or if the applicant applied for a K-3 -- i.e. filed an I-129f -- then they can abandon the K-3 and pursue the IR-1 / CR-1 instead).

A.1.6.2

Both the CR-1 and K-3 go to NVC for processing. The K-3 and K-1 GENERALLY only spend a few weeks here. The CR-1 has additional "hands on" work to do (fee bills Agent of Choice I-864 & DS-230). The P3 information will come from NVC not Guangzhou.

Once "case is completed" at NVC it gets forwarded to GUZ. Then P-4 and interview are about the same process as the K visas

A.1.6.2

Some folks at VJ recently report having sped through NVC in 68 days after getting a case number using various shortcuts. Typically 3- 6 months is what this has taken most to get through the NVC approval cycle in the past.

A.1.6.3

A CR-1 Immigrant Visa has the added step of NVC approval after USCIS Service Center approval (DCF I-130's are slightly different) but before being sent to post. This step eliminates the need of Adjustment Of Status that the quote/unquote "NON IMMIGRANT" "K" visas do "after the fact".

1. After a few weeks of waiting for NVC to assign a new case # (GUZ type) we have to elect an Agent of Choice, on form DS-3032, (lawyer, petitioner, Beneficiary, etc.) where we want subsequent paperwork to be sent. (This must be signed by your wife and returned by her before the NVC will proceed.)

2. We then receive the Affidavit of Support and IV fee bills. (and freeze everything until your check clears the bank.)

3. After the payment of these fees to St. Louis is reconciled with NVC Portsmouth, NH they generate and mail the I-864 and later the DS-230 packages.

4. The DS-230 package contains a GUZ Special P-3 supplemental sheet. The NVC DS-230 package takes the place of a GUZ P-3. So that NO p-3 is sent out from GUZ for a CR-1, assuming your wife has named you agent of choice in the DS3032.

5. Both the forms have a bar coded case# sheet that must be returned- additionally the I-864 has a Tax Info release form that has to be signed and is bar coded. The DS-230 package will have a GUZ special P-3 Supplemental form in it that must have Chinese entries (can be downloaded in advance here at links and resources P-3/4) and ALSO a photocopy of the S/O's passport bio. page.

6. The I-864 goes for a review cycle and also the DS-230 upon receipt at NVC . There is also a final review of ALL required documentation whereupon NVC will report "case completion" and later forward it to the Consulate

5. From this point NVC ships the file to GUZ, clearance delays, log-in times, name checks GUZ, P-4 and the interview process are about the same as a K visa.

Q.1.6 CR-1?

A.1.6.1

The U.S. citizen marries the foreign fiance in the USA or in another country (could be home country), the foreign fiance goes back to his/her country, the U.S. citizen applies to the Service Center for an I-130 spousal visa petition.

This is basically the 1st half of the K-3 process. If you file for a K-3 you are filing to get an IR-1 / CR-1 by default (filing an I-130) as well as for the K-3. The K-3 was designed to allow the foreign spouse to enter the US even if the I-130 has not been approved. In most cases this works out well since the I-130 takes so long to approve and the K-3 is relatively fast. In some cases the I-130 is approved fast enough though that this option is better then a K-3 (or if the applicant applied for a K-3 -- i.e. filed an I-129f -- then they can abandon the K-3 and pursue the IR-1 / CR-1 instead).

A.1.6.2

Both the CR-1 and K-3 go to NVC for processing. The K-3 and K-1 GENERALLY only spend a few weeks here. The CR-1 has additional "hands on" work to do (fee bills Agent of Choice I-864 & DS-230). The P3 information will come from NVC not Guangzhou.

Once "case is completed" at NVC it gets forwarded to GUZ. Then P-4 and interview are about the same process as the K visas

A.1.6.2

Some folks at VJ recently report having sped through NVC in 68 days after getting a case number using various shortcuts. Typically 3- 6 months is what this has taken most to get through the NVC approval cycle in the past.

A.1.6.3

A CR-1 Immigrant Visa has the added step of NVC approval after USCIS Service Center approval (DCF I-130's are slightly different) but before being sent to post. This step eliminates the need of Adjustment Of Status that the quote/unquote "NON IMMIGRANT" "K" visas do "after the fact".

1. After a few weeks of waiting for NVC to assign a new case # (GUZ type) we have to elect an Agent of Choice, on form DS-3032, (lawyer, petitioner, Beneficiary, etc.) where we want subsequent paperwork to be sent. (This must be signed by your wife and returned by her before the NVC will proceed.)

2. We then receive the Affidavit of Support and IV fee bills. (and freeze everything until your check clears the bank.)

3. After the payment of these fees to St. Louis is reconciled with NVC Portsmouth, NH they generate and mail the I-864 and later the DS-230 packages.

4. The DS-230 package contains a GUZ Special P-3 supplemental sheet. The NVC DS-230 package takes the place of a GUZ P-3. So that NO p-3 is sent out from GUZ for a CR-1, assuming your wife has named you agent of choice in the DS3032.

5. Both the forms have a bar coded case# sheet that must be returned- additionally the I-864 has a Tax Info release form that has to be signed and is bar coded. The DS-230 package will have a GUZ special P-3 Supplemental form in it  that must have Chinese entries (can be downloaded in advance here at links and resources P-3/4) and ALSO a photocopy of the S/O's passport bio. page.

6. The I-864 goes for a review cycle and also the DS-230 upon receipt at NVC . There is also a final review of ALL required  documentation whereupon NVC will report "case completion" and later forward it to the Consulate

5. From this point NVC ships the file to GUZ, clearance delays, log-in times, name checks GUZ, P-4 and the interview process are about the same as a K visa.

183672[/snapback]

my head hurt already :lol:

I read that:

A.1.6.1

see the bolded underlined.

So if I file a K3 no need to file a separate I130?

Guest pushbrk

Q.1.6 CR-1?

A.1.6.1

A.1.6.2

Both the CR-1 and K-3 go to NVC for processing. The K-3 and K-1 GENERALLY only spend a few weeks here. The CR-1 has additional "hands on" work to do (fee bills Agent of Choice I-864 & DS-230).   The P3 information will come from NVC not Guangzhou.

A.1.6.2

A.1.6.3

5. Both the forms have a bar coded case# sheet that must be returned- additionally the I-864 has a Tax Info release form that has to be signed and is bar coded. The DS-230 package will have a GUZ special P-3 Supplemental form in it  that must have Chinese entries (can be downloaded in advance here at links and resources P-3/4) and ALSO a photocopy of the S/O's passport bio. page.

6. The I-864 goes for a review cycle and also the DS-230 upon receipt at NVC . There is also a final review of ALL required  documentation whereupon NVC will report "case completion" and later forward it to the Consulate

183672[/snapback]

my head hurt already :lol:

I read that:

A.1.6.1

see the bolded underlined.

So if I file a K3 no need to file a separate I130?

183687[/snapback]

Not quite. To file a K3 I-129F you must FIRST file and I-130

Before you can file I-129F/K3, you MUST file the I-130/CR1 ...

If you want to file for K3 (I-129F petition), then you have already started it with the mandatory [first] filing of the I-130 petition... (you do not file another [second] I-130 for the sake of pursing a K3...

Once the I-130 is filed you get an NOA1, which is a notice of reciept that the petition is received.. with that and a few other items, you can then file for the I-129F (for K3)...

Glad to see you reading the FAQ section carefully :lol:

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)