Medical Exam Paperwork

cheaper than flying back to the China for one for AOS  :D ... and on second thought, by that point, she cannot go to get it.. . :(

183567[/snapback]

Good Point David.

3 Copies of her Birth Certificate will be next. <_<

183578[/snapback]

We had dupes made of the single cert and police record, but I did the same.....got 5 copies of her birth.

I figured she will need it at one time or another in the states. The whole cost in Shang hai for all of those (2 police, 2 single, 5 birth), was 1500rmb.

cheaper than flying back to the China for one for AOS?:D ... and on second thought, by that point, she cannot go to get it.. . :(

183567[/snapback]

Good Point David.

3 Copies of her Birth Certificate will be next. <_<

183578[/snapback]

We had dupes made of the single cert and police record, but I did the same.....got 5 copies of her birth.

I figured she will need it at one time or another in the states. The whole cost in Shang hai for all of those (2 police, 2 single, 5 birth), was 1500rmb.

183588[/snapback]

Hmmmmmmm. Both my SO and her cousin both said about 2000yuan for just the divorce, single cert and police. Certified and translated.

Ken do we get all these certificates back from the interview?

I have seen the price range from 500-2500 yuan.. 1500 seems to be the average.

I think they tear them out the from the booklet at the medical exam, ...  you don't get any of them back as far as I know.

183599[/snapback]

Let me add one more thing we got that was included in the 1500.....

in Shang hai, she obtained a second single cert.......this was from the govt that stated that she had not registered to marry in her hou kou since 2002. Apparantly, this is something new.

This was in addition to the notarized statement of 'singleness,' so she has two docs attesting she is not married.

I think they tear them out the from the booklet at the medical exam, ...  you don't get any of them back as far as I know.

183599[/snapback]

At First People's Hosp. in Shanghai they practice the Chinese version of the paperwork reduction act :blink: . They tore only two pages out of all our notarized reports (BC, PC, Divorce and (maybe) Marriage and file 86' ed them (trashcan).

And NO we did NOT get them back at interview.

I took these bindings and other intact parts (I believe the Chinese versions) out of the trash and we shredded them at home. Explained the concept of "identity theft" to my wife. :P

183690[/snapback]

Jie just got back from her second visit to Shanghai Peoples and they did the same thing........tore out the pages.

Its amazing how we go through all this work to do everything cleanly, neatly, and legally, and they just go and rip it apart.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
I think they tear them out the from the booklet at the medical exam, ...?you don't get any of them back as far as I know.

183599[/snapback]

At First People's Hosp. in Shanghai they practice the Chinese version of the paperwork reduction act :blink: . They tore only two pages out of all our notarized reports (BC, PC, Divorce and (maybe) Marriage and file 86' ed them (trashcan).

And NO we did NOT get them back at interview.

I took these bindings and other intact parts (I believe the Chinese versions) out of the trash and we shredded them at home. Explained the concept of "identity theft" to my wife. :P

183690[/snapback]

Jie just got back from her second visit to Shanghai Peoples and they did the same thing........tore out the pages.

Its amazing how we go through all this work to do everything cleanly, neatly, and legally, and they just go and rip it apart.

183781[/snapback]

Why did she have to go 2 times? Was there a problem the 1st time?

Maybe speaking for Ken here BUT...

First day to fill out preliminary paperwork and have tests done,

Another day one returns for results and to place all the Med results and P-4 papers in packet.

183787[/snapback]

Thanks, I feel well spoken for ! :P

Also Todd, I posted something about the medical exam process we experienced in Shanghai, should give you a good general idea of what Li can expect. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15206