certificate of marigability? here or there ?

Guest pushbrk
is it better to bring my certified divorce decree to China and then go to the embassy in beijing to have it created as a certificate of marigability or to do it here first?

I am planning to go in March for just 1 week, ... To marry her

183516[/snapback]

If you have time and it is practical to do it here and take it with you, your time can be used more efficiently in China. I took mine to Nanning from here but it still needed notarial translation there. This can be accomplished in Nanning in a morning but in other cities translation would not have been required or may have taken a prohibitively long time.

There are a number of considerations including where you now live as it relates to a Chinese Consulate, your State Capital etc. and where you will be getting married. (her home town).

You've got plenty of time to get everything done here including the translation if needed. I'm not sure anybody here has experience in getting (inside the USA) all the translations required in Nanning. (That included the affidavit and divorce decrees as well as the English language notarial page itself, even though it was already stapled to a certification from Chinese Embassy in New York.)

So, have your SO, find the local office that handles "marriage to foreigner" and get detailed requirements before you make your decision.

is it better to bring my certified divorce decree to China and then go to the embassy in beijing to have it created as a certificate of marigability or to do it here first?

183516[/snapback]

If you have time and it is practical to do it here and take it with you, your time can be used more efficiently in China. I took mine to Nanning from here but it still needed notarial translation there. This can be accomplished in Nanning in a morning but in other cities translation would not have been required or may have taken a prohibitively long time.

There are a number of considerations including where you now live as it relates to a Chinese Consulate, your State Capital etc. and where you will be getting married. (her home town).

You've got plenty of time to get everything done here including the translation if needed. I'm not sure anybody here has experience in getting (inside the USA) all the translations required in Nanning. (That included the affidavit and divorce decrees as well as the English language notarial page itself, even though it was already stapled to a certification from Chinese Embassy in New York.)

So, have your SO, find the local office that handles "marriage to foreigner" and get detailed requirements before you make your decision.

183517[/snapback]

Once you are married in China and have the mariage certificate (in chinese I suppose) what do you do with it in the US?

I mean do you need to register it in the county you are in the US? I mean what do you do with it beside immigration stuff ?

I think it is relatively easy to do in Beijing--less than one hour...I did this in Beijing (before deciding to go the 129F route and finding no longer needed). They did give me a hassle on the following:

Since my SO is from Guangxi province they wanted me to go to guangzhou to take care of this. They relented in the end--partially because she had lived in Beijing before, but I would double check with them as to whether Beijing is the right place to ask for this.... or get approval from them first if it is out of region....

Also it seemed that they needed to meet the SO. This wasn't a problem since she was with me, but it was strange that they wanted her there--you might want to double check and see if your SO must be present.

Guest pushbrk

183516[/snapback]

183517[/snapback]

Once you are married in China and have the mariage certificate (in chinese I suppose) what do you do with it in the US?

I mean do you need to register it in the county you are in the US? I mean what do you do with it beside immigration stuff ?

183522[/snapback]

You take your little red book to the local notarial office in the city of your marriage and have them do at least three copies of a "Notarial Marriage Certificate" This is translated and certified in conformance with the original Chinese. You'll need these for filing the I-130 and I129F. I left one original with my wife so she could take to interview.

Guest pushbrk
I think it is relatively easy to do in Beijing--less than one hour...I did this in Beijing (before deciding to go the 129F route and finding no longer needed).  They did give me a hassle on the following:

Since my SO is from Guangxi province they wanted me to go to guangzhou to take care of this.  They relented in the end--partially because she had lived in Beijing before, but I would double check with them as to whether Beijing is the right place to ask for this.... or get approval from them first if it is out of region....

Also it seemed that they needed to meet the SO.  This wasn't a problem since she was with me, but it was strange that they wanted her there--you might want to double check and see if your SO must be present.

183523[/snapback]

This is important clarification for another poster with the same question. If the Beijing requires the Fiance to appear, then the other poster may want to change his plans to either take his Fiance with him, (Maybe he already planned to.) or choose another method of obtaining the certificate. My emailed response from GUZ only mentioned me carrying in her ID card, not bringing her with me. I chose to get the certificate in the US anyway to avoid travelling to Guangzhou.

I think it is relatively easy to do in Beijing--less than one hour...I did this in Beijing (before deciding to go the 129F route and finding no longer needed).  They did give me a hassle on the following:

Since my SO is from Guangxi province they wanted me to go to guangzhou to take care of this.  They relented in the end--partially because she had lived in Beijing before, but I would double check with them as to whether Beijing is the right place to ask for this.... or get approval from them first if it is out of region....

Also it seemed that they needed to meet the SO.  This wasn't a problem since she was with me, but it was strange that they wanted her there--you might want to double check and see if your SO must be present.

183523[/snapback]

when you married in beijing,

do they need that certificate to be translated to chinese?

do they need the divorce decree and affidavit of being single to be translated to chinese as well ?

they being the chinese government that process the mariage?

someone know a good translation and notarize in beijing? is it expensive ?

when you married in beijing,

do they need that certificate to be translated to chinese?

do they need the divorce decree and affidavit of being single to be translated to chinese as well ?

they being the chinese government that process the mariage?

someone know a good translation and notarize in beijing? is it expensive ?

183527[/snapback]

I must admit my ignorance as to what happens after receiving the certificate from the Embassy--I ended up giving the certificate to my future mother-in-law so that she knew I was eligible for marriage. I am applying for a fiancee visa now (129F) so i have not been married in China.

1. I believe that the certificate that the US embassy gave me was bilingual so that the certificate itself does not need to be translated--i would check with they embassy in Beijing about that.

2. The American Embassy, I ASSUME, will not need a translation of the divorce decree, but I am uncertain if the Chinese officials in your SO's Hukou will or will not need it in addition to the certificate that the Embassy will give you I do not know....not in my personal experience.

One point that you need to know is that you can only get married in her Hukou (where she officially resides) so it might not be wrong to double check with your SO where that will be.

Guest pushbrk
Jean charles,

People here have had a variety of experiences. Location, location, location. Myself, it was super easy, with the Shanghai Cons. Took a County clerk certified copy of the divorce to the ACS section of our consulate there. They attached copies to a header sheet and riveted it together, charged me $50.00 about 10 AM and I was married at the Shanghai office of the Chinese Foriegner's marriage bureau there before noon. They accepted the US Cons. Cert without ANY additional translations to Chinese.

183695[/snapback]

This is why it is absolutely necessary for you to "have your SO, find the local office that handles "marriage to foreigner" and get detailed requirements before you make your decision."

Once you have answers from China, we can better advise you.

You still have time to have all of the documents handled by the Chinese consulate here in the USA. You'll need to find a service for state capitol records and for the consulate. There are fees and they vary, but you'll have everything cleared on this side of the big pond before you go over. I know this as I had it all done is one (frantic) week about 4 weeks before I left on my first trip to China.

Good Luck!

Guest pushbrk
I used a outfit called visa-rite . Told them what I was doing and they had me all fixed up in about 5 days thats the visa for me going to china also. They did a very good job for me there was no questions asked about any of the paperwork when we married in china.

patrick

183731[/snapback]

I also used Visa-Rite for my single certificate but because I was marrying in Nanning, I needed additional Notarial translation. Eventually the theme will get through. It matters which city you are getting married in China. Anybody thinking of a single certificate needs to have their SO ask the right questions at their local marriage office before you finalize plans. Otherwise you may well find yourself running around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off.