It is not required, but at least a copy should be made available if not the original (if USC is in GUZ) at the interview .. Certified copies are more often requested for overcome.

There are two methods that I know of:

1) Do every page, as mentioned... optionally, you can put the following text on a paper and copy to the paper:

At the top I put the title "TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT AND VISA FOR "MY NAME""

On the last page I inserted the statement "I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF THE PASSPORT AND VISA BELONGING TO "MY NAME." SWORN BEFORE ME ON ________________."

___________________________ NOTARY PUBLIC

2. There is a binding method that the consulate does... similar to the notarized translation of marriage certificate; all pages copied, then bound together, and the notarial script was put on the cover.

---

One drawback of certifying one in the US if you are going to be in GUZ for the interview is that you will not have that trip certified...

Since one really would not need a certified one except for overcome.. and if one is going to GUZ.. then may as well wait till you are there and if needing one, then do it...

Guest pushbrk
How do I get or make Certified copy of my passport. Is this just a matter of having a copy notorized?

Mat

181059[/snapback]

Is this a requirement now? Because I never heard of one being asked for unless it was written in the blue slip somewhere.

181065[/snapback]

Mat is preparing to be married in Hong Kong, where papers including a certified copy of passport are filed 17 days in advance.

How do I get or make Certified copy of my passport. Is this just a matter of having a copy notorized?

Mat

181059[/snapback]

For the I129F, I just sent a photocopy, and was approved.

For the interview, I intend to just give her my passport since I will be with her, however, my original plan was notarized copies of every page of the passport, to be bound together and certified by the notary, as David mentions.

In fact, now that I think about it more, I think I will get a certified copy anyway, just to be sure. Thanks DavidZixuan, you are always an extraordinary help.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)