To He*$ with logic!

Greetings All,

Well, I collected all the info I could digest on both the K1 and K3 processes. After a flurry of trans-Pacific phone calls, emails, MSN chats and hours of hand wringing, coin flipping, and chanting, we've decided that we cannot foresee the future.

So, the hell with logic and all. Love conquers all and sweeps away the bureaucratic barriers. We love each other and we've decided that we will marry during my next visit to China in a few weeks.

Let the chips fall where they may (But I'm keeping my fingers crossed just the same.)

Cheers,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado

Guest pushbrk
Greetings All,

Well, I collected all the info I could digest on both the K1 and K3 processes.  After a flurry of trans-Pacific phone calls, emails, MSN chats and hours of hand wringing, coin flipping, and chanting, we've decided that we cannot foresee the future.

So, the hell with logic and all.  Love conquers all and sweeps away the bureaucratic barriers.  We love each other and we've decided that we will marry during my next visit to China in a few weeks.

Let the chips fall where they may (But I'm keeping my fingers crossed just the same.)

Cheers,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado

180301[/snapback]

Congratulations to you Dan and to your fine lady. Love is a very fine thing. Hearts often lead better than heads. It is the wise head that works hard and then listens to the heart.

Congratulations on the decision. I wish you a speedy visa process. A word of advise. Get all of her biographic info (birthdate, parents birthdates etc) before hand and fill out the paperwork before you go. take along extra blank copies for her to sign in case you make a mistake. When you get there review the paper work together but at least you won't have the distraction of major paperwork to do while there. Believe me you will have distractions a plenty while there. Good luck and have fun.

Greetings All,

Well, I collected all the info I could digest on both the K1 and K3 processes.  After a flurry of trans-Pacific phone calls, emails, MSN chats and hours of hand wringing, coin flipping, and chanting, we've decided that we cannot foresee the future.

So, the hell with logic and all.  Love conquers all and sweeps away the bureaucratic barriers.  We love each other and we've decided that we will marry during my next visit to China in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado

180301[/snapback]

You have choosen a rough road for yourself. Congratulations to you and your wife. Love is a powerful feeling, the next year and a half, it will surely be tested. Best wishes. Enjoy your wedding in China, keep your mind and your heart open at all times. China is a great place to be. :)

If you need help or advice it's here. (I pray you didn't hire that lawyer like you meantioned in a prievious post.)

I followed the procedures in the links I put in my signature. They are right on.

I-130 to CSC, no need to send the I-129F.

Come back with translated / notarized copies of her birth certificate and your marraige certificates. The offical white one with 4 pages, not the red book.

Two weeks after you get back and submit your paperwork, your I-130 will be approved and on it's way to NVC NH as a CR-1. I fell for the "K3" thing too, then came the visa backlog reduction act. It started in Aug 04' , what an unpleasant surprise that was for many members here that thought they were going to go the "K3" route also.

peace.

Congrats on the decision.

K1 and K3 both have their advantages and disadvantages. Each couple must make the decision on which is right for them. The biggest decision has already been made. For that, your life will surely be much better.

Good luck on a speedy journey.

Greetings All,

Well, I collected all the info I could digest on both the K1 and K3 processes.?After a flurry of trans-Pacific phone calls, emails, MSN chats and hours of hand wringing, coin flipping, and chanting, we've decided that we cannot foresee the future.

So, the hell with logic and all.?Love conquers all and sweeps away the bureaucratic barriers.?We love each other and we've decided that we will marry during my next visit to China in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Black Hawk, Colorado

180301[/snapback]

You have choosen a rough road for yourself. Congratulations to you and your wife. Love is a powerful feeling, the next year and a half, it will surely be tested. I fell for the "K3" thing too, then came the visa backlog reduction act. It started in Aug 04' , what an unpleasant surprise that was for many members here that thought they were going to go the "K3" route also.

peace.

180326[/snapback]

Congratulations, but I would still heed the warnings of those like Mengxin in his above post. Jie and I chose the K1 route because under the circumstances of being apart in these unusual relationships, for us, being together permanently as soon as possible is more important than being married. If we love each other truly.....we will both be there to marry at a time in the future. We wanted to be together as quickly as we could. Looking at the K1 vs K3 timelines, our process is under 7 months and a clear winner to be K1 than the K3 timelines I have seen. We decided to wait to marry, and be together more quickly, rather than have the status of being married, but apart for a longer time.

Well enough party pooping from me :) .......nevertheless......good luck to you both !

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)