P-3 questions

1) Should the DS-230,part I,along with the P-3 Supplemental Information Sheet be the only forms initially mailed to Guangzhou?

2) Can the completed document check list,OF-169(?)-(has 10 boxes to check,with applicant's statement at end)be mailed along with the above (DOS-230 part I,and Supplemenal Information Sheet) at same time/same envelope?

3)Should both the english and chinese versions be completed and sent?

Many are concerned that the OF-169 seems to suggest to first collect all the documents..

YOU NEED TO CHECK OFF THE BOXES AND SEND BACK ALL DOCS ASAP.

Send english and chinese versions as you recevied...

Collect the 'checked items' closer to your P4 so they are recently dated for the interview...

---

Q.1.10 Which forms do we send back after receiving the P3?

K1

A.1.10.1

When your fianc¨¦e gets the P3 packet in the mail she must return 3 forms:

1. DS-230 (part I)

2. OF-169

3. P3 Supplemental Sheet

You should have your fianc¨¦e return these as soon as possible. You will have plenty of time afterwards to collect all the information they tell you to get for the interview. It helps if you practice filling these forms out ahead of time. (See sample forms question in P3 FAQ).

A.1.10.2

Packet 3 Supplemental Information Sheet

(questions 1 thru 6 answered)

DS-230 PART I

(questions 1 thru 25 answered)

OF-169 Optional Form

(page 3 signed and completed)

The beneficiary will present all that other stuff during their interview.

Ok........but her sighning the statement at the end of OF-169(stateing she ALREADY has the required documents) is going to be dated mm/dd/yyyy.....Yet when she presents the required documents at the interview,the documents requiring notorization are obviously going to have a much later date on the notary seal/statement....this going to be a problem for us/red flag for VO?

Ok........but her sighning the statement at the end of OF-169(stateing she ALREADY has the required documents) is going to be dated mm/dd/yyyy.....Yet when she presents the required documents at the interview,the documents requiring notorization are obviously going to have a much later date on the notary seal/statement....this going to be a problem for us/red flag for VO?

178846[/snapback]

I know that the chinese SOs tend to take this very literally... and some have stated a fear of any issue against it...

EVERYONE SENDS THEM BACK ASAP, except those too scared to.

If she collects them now, she could get a blue slip at the interview since some of them might be too old by that time!!

Your logical argument has been stated for quite a long time... You'll just have to trust us here on this one.. everyone ignores that and sends it in ASAP.

If you wait even a few weeks, this could result in a month delay getting in the queue for an interview...

178846[/snapback]

I know that the chinese SOs tend to take this very literally... and some have stated a fear of any issue against it...

If she collects them now, she could get a blue slip at the interview since some of them might be too old by that time!!

Your logical argument has been stated for quite a long time... You'll just have to trust us here on this one.. everyone ignores that and sends it in ASAP.

If you wait even a few weeks, this could result in a month delay getting in the queue for an interview...

178848[/snapback]

On the OF 169 checklist many of the documents were needed to file the I 129F for K-1 ( birth certificate, passport, Chinese divorce papers, etc) so you should already have them at the time of the P3 . the only issue is whether or not by the time you have the interview they are outdated?? So if you mail in the OF 169 along with the DS 230 and P3 Supplemental you are stating you do have them already which you do because you filed the I 129 F. I read some on Candle for Love get updates to the Police Certicate at Interview time since that document is only good for one year. So by the time you get your P4 that is one document that may be too old. aged.....

178846[/snapback]

178848[/snapback]

On the OF 169 checklist many of the documents were needed to file the I 129F for K-1 ( birth certificate, passport, Chinese divorce papers, etc) so you should already have them at the time of the P3 . the only issue is whether or not by the time you have the interview they are outdated?? So if you mail in the OF 169 along with the DS 230 and P3 Supplemental you are stating you do have them already which you do because you filed the I 129 F. I read some on Candle for Love get updates to the Police Certicate at Interview time since that document is only good for one year. So by the time you get your P4 that is one document that may be too old. aged.....

179092[/snapback]

Yes, the police cert.. and also:

- martial status

- evidence of support to include:

--- Taxes

--- Bank letter

--- Employer letter

--- I-134

None of these should really be older than six months... Personallyl, I recommend no older than three months... Why roll dice and gamble on outdated documents.. a blueslip for this is completely avoidable...