DOS-230,line 22(intentional occupation upon entry)

Yes she intends to work.But we don't know EXACTLY what occupation now,as there is much she can do.I'm thinking she can just enter her present occupation (in China) as the "intended occupation".But if she does enter a definate answer,should she include "something to the tune"as....."as per work permit issuance",or something similar?Or just enter what she INTENDS;and if she does enter a definate answer,will she need an "invitation for employment document" from a prospective employer.

It really doesn't matter what she puts in there for occupation. You could put home maker if you want. Since she won't get the visa without you making enough money to support her, working here is irrelevant. i would be very careful not to give the idea that she just want's to come here to work.

Assuming it's not a "sensitive" occupation like nuclear physicist or covert agent, I'd go with her current occupation - after all it's just her intended occupation. Employment letters of invitation won't be needed. I don't see a need to reference the EAD since it's not job specific.

Jingwen didn't plan on working when she came to the US, so we used something like "none at present".