8-o Merry Christmas plus 3 days to us

I guess I should check my PO Box more often. It had been a while, since I wasn't expecting anything interesting (family gifts all arrived a couple weeks ago). It seems NOA2 was in there!

Date of NOA1 to Date of NOA2 was 25 days. K3 129F. That's not bad, is it? I was expecting it to be about 45-60 days out.

So now do I start looking at DHL shipments, or will they send me an email to tell me they are shipping it off to GUZ? I don't need to start pondering P3 stuff yet do I? I mean I have my accounting in order, and will have my taxes done within the first couple weeks of January (so I know how much to save up for 4/15 hehe), so the financial support stuff seems pretty straight forward. My wife has a pretty good grasp on what is needed for the her end of the P3, because her best friend is about 6 months ahead of us in the process and has already done her P3.

I know VJ says to start sending P3 financials to my wife, but VJ deals with lots of consulates not just GUZ and we know GUZ is pretty backed up compared to most others around the world.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

25 days is fantastic for any service center west of VSC.

I'd probably wait a couple of weeks before I started pestering NVC. Even then, the best you can probably hope for is an acknowledgment that the files have been received and the namechecks are in process. I would be tempted to start calling them a a regular basis after they've had the files for a month or so. On one particular day, you'll get the goods news that the namechecks have been completed and the files have been shipped off to GZ. Then you can pass the time tracking the delivery through "customs delay".

For all intents and purposes, you're finished with USCIS until she arrives in the US. From here on out, you'll be dealing with the mighty Department of State. Good luck for the rest of the journey.

Jimjulian -

Here's hoping it gets to GUZ with the same kind of timeline as yours... 2-3 weeks. I'd be pretty thrilled with that, especially if it was the last package on the shipment, and doesn't sit in the warehouse/gateway in GZ too long before going to GUZ. *crosses fingers*