Friggin' Security checks - AOS

I485 in DORA(90 Days HaHa) program $385

First EAD because missed 90 Days $175

First AP because missed 1 year $170

Second EAD because missed 1 year $180

Total $525 extra because of FBI name check, hell it only took 15 days for the I-129f WTF

Ok here is the strange part they want to do Biometrics AGAIN for the EAD hell her last biometrics has been stuck in FBI name check for over a year now WTF

179888[/snapback]

I said it once if I said it a thousand times; "when they say jump!; you say how high?" ;)

I485 in DORA(90 Days HaHa) program $385

First EAD because missed 90 Days $175

First AP because missed 1 year $170

Second EAD because missed 1 year $180

Total $525 extra because of FBI name check, hell it only took 15 days for the I-129f WTF

Ok here is the strange part they want to do Biometrics AGAIN for the EAD hell her last biometrics has been stuck in FBI name check for over a year now WTF

179888[/snapback]

I said it once if I said it a thousand times; "when they say jump!; you say how high?" ;)

179902[/snapback]

ya but the problem is after I jump I come down on the poll right in the AHole an it don't feel good ;)

I agree that the 10 year card is issued if they have been married 2 years at the time of the AOS interview. What I'm not sure of is if you have the interview, you pass and then the green card is held up in security checks. I believe the issue date is the same as the interview date in which case it would be a 2 year card.

179750[/snapback]

Warped nailed it on what I am worried about.

Kim,

Looking at your timeline- another one of those "Made in China/Born in the USA" babies??? He's cute!!!

179875[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment! However, Joseph was made in America, on our honeymoon.....SURPRISE!! and born 3 weeks early!!!! He was due 9 months and one day after the wedding! (Jan. 11), but came by C-section, three weeks early. He was a little big, and the Dr. wanted him out before her Christmas break!! haha

Just so everyone else knows...birth control pills and antibiotics don't mix well....antibiotics kind of cancel out the BCP's!!! haha I found out the "hard" way. We were in NO WAY ready for our little surprise, but he has been the BIGGEST blessing of our lives!

This marriage is quite difficult, especially when it is the male that is having to go through this immigration long haul and can't feel like the man that is providing for his family. there are a lot of days that i am not sure our marriage would still be if we didn't have our little blessing to look at...and have him to bring us back to what is all about anyway (our love for each other and our love for God). we believe God put us two together and it was certainly Him that gave Joseph to us, and at the time that He decided to give Joseph to us....we couldn't figure it all out at first, but somehow it all makes sense now...

ps i just updated the pic!! he just turned ONE!!!

Edited by kimnjake (see edit history)
I agree that the 10 year card is issued if they have been married 2 years at the time of the AOS interview. What I'm not sure of is if you have the interview, you pass and then the green card is held up in security checks. I believe the issue date is the same as the interview date in which case it would be a 2 year card.

179750[/snapback]

180506[/snapback]

that really stinks!! i believe that is probably what it will come down to....we were not even married a year when we had our interview, but we will probably be married over 2 by the time the FBI check is finished and the card is issued!! that really does stink!!!!

:D

179750[/snapback]

180506[/snapback]

that really stinks!! i believe that is probably what it will come down to....we were not even married a year when we had our interview, but we will probably be married over 2 by the time the FBI check is finished and the card is issued!! that really does stink!!!!

:)

180749[/snapback]

Here is a link to a thread about someone getting a 2 year card instead of a 10 year card

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346623

i think the mystery is solved as far as this is concerned.....it is probably all about how long you were married at the time of filing AOS/interview of AOS...i guess your interview "could" be two years after marriage...but unlikely, however the approval is VERY likely to be two years or more after marriage. as in our case....our marriage was april 04, interview was feb 05, not even quite one year....but by the time the approval is given, it will have been two years from april 04....but we will 'most probably' NOT get a 10 yr card because we were not married 2 yrs at the time of filing nor interview.....there is where the confusion was on my part, but it sure does seem like is the most common occurance....BUT, then again, this is USCIS, just when we 'think' we have something figured out they either change their mind or change the law!

thanks for the link hakkamike! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

We are going through the same thing and haven't heard anything since our interview in August. We applied for another EAD in November and haven't heard anything back on that. I guess I am going to have to apply for AP soon as well. I'm nervous that there will be some reason for him to have to go back to China and he won't be able to go.

I'm glad to find this post because I was starting to get scared that we were the only ones going through this. I remembered Kim but I didn't know anyone else was dealing with this. I am very frustrated but I try to keep that feeling from my husband because he has a tendancy to get even more frustrated.

Kim I agree that bringing a husband here poses completely different issues than bringing a wife. I feel really blessed that Hengli has a good education and has been able to find a decent job- but I don't think he feels like he is doing what he wants to do for our family. This is a tremendous struggle- but I do feel like we are constantly becoming closer to each other in the midst of it.

I wish everybody luck with this long- and insane- wait.

yea, it is good to finally have more females on here to understand the other side of it, briging a HUSBAND here.

my husband was educated in china, but not at a good institution, so none of it is recognized here and he is working odds and ends kind of jobs, he is miserable!!! he wants to go to school here, but really just doesn't quite know specifically what he wants to do even...all he knows is BUSINESS!! (that is SO chinese!!) hehe

we want to go back to china this summer, his parents have never met me or our baby and we are going to start on the AP soon....so we shall see.....