I-129F package format?

I've assembled all the necessary forms, etc., for the I-129f, and I've been considering putting all the forms, photos, and copies of receipts into plastic pages and inserting them into a 3-ring binder with tabbed dividers. Any problems with this? Will the service center just take them all out anyway, or will they send the package as is to the consulate?

Is there a preferred alternate method to organizing the information?

Thanks,

Brian

I've assembled all the necessary forms, etc., for the I-129f, and I've been considering putting all the forms, photos, and copies of receipts into plastic pages and inserting them into a 3-ring binder with tabbed dividers. Any problems with this? Will the service center just take them all out anyway, or will they send the package as is to the consulate?

Is there a preferred alternate method to organizing the information?

Thanks,

Brian

176612[/snapback]

Sterling,

I was a K3 Visa applicant. However, both of the processses are similar. 3 ring binder will be a problem. To reduce size and weight and still keep everything organized I used a manila folder. To hold all documents, I used ecco fastners. The same method was used for the Form 130 and the Form 129.

I typed a cover letter what was inside the folder, and organized it that way. I personally wouldn't use tabs, since it is taken apart anyways. (Save the tabs for orgainizing information at GUZ interview) They can look at the cover letter on what is inside and see how it is organized. They know what they are looking for. As for the photos, a small plastic bag is a wise idea. Just insure that you follww instructions and on the back of the photographs place "Photo of XXXX"

Remember, the I-129F only requires "proof of meeting" not a evidence of relationship. When I submitted I had a single sheet I did in MS Publisher with 2 photos with captions and my boarding passes all on one page. We cleared Nebraska 1 month earlier than normal processing.

Personally I believe that adding a ton of extra stuff can only slow the process down as someone is supposedly obligated to review it. Also providing too much could lead to additional questions about specific items provided.