I am confused about what my wife was given as she

Hello,

I am a bit confused by what (or lack of what) she was given when she entered the USA on her K3 visa:

All they gave her was a stamp in her passport, and a peice of paper stapled to the passport that said she has 2 years to stay......

Then there were some form letters that describe how to get a SS card and something about how to file I-485 (by mail)......

I THOUGHT THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A DOCUMENT THAT THEY STAMP OR MARK IN SOME WAY AND GIVE THIS TO HER - AND THAT THIS IS USED IN SOME WAY WHEN SHE AOS???????

Can somebody tell me what SHE SHOULD HAVE GOT at the customs and/or immigrations counter when she entered???

Thanks,

Scott

Carl's right. It sounds like she got her I-94 marked and stapled to her passport. This determines her length of stay. This, coupled with her visa is all that's there. She now should go through the AOS process here in the states unless she is planning on returning to China for her immigrant visa interview.

All my wife received was the I-94 when she arrived in February. We visited China in October and she was given a new I-94 upon return.

All you need to be concerned with for now is getting the I-693 supplement completed, that is the required immunizations signed off by a Civil Surgeon. Get that started and file your I-94, complete the immunizations by the time of her AOS interview.