Called DOS today, told to contact GUZ?

I would call GZ directly and mention what State told you ... can't hurt.

Be sure to keep track of names, dates, and times of all calls.

175289[/snapback]

I've been there and done that! GUZ says that you need to call the visa call center for info regarding your case. I then called DOS to find out what the hell is taking so long to recieve P-3 My case has been sitting at GUZ with name check complete since SEPT.

The nice lady at DOS told me to email GUZ to request "case status" which I did. They responded with their canned response..... " We here at GUZ are doing our best to process cases to better serve you.... If you need to find info on your case you can call the VISA CALL CENTER, which is a pay service

I KNOW that the call center is only another AVE for our government to generate revenue, It is no help what so-ever. My Wife has called several times only for them to tell her that our case has NOT been recieved yet.

The first time she called and told me that, I called DOS to find out if that was true or not. Dos informed me that YES our case is in the system since the beginning of OCT!!!

If I were you, I would not worry to much at this point. It will happen soon.

Scott

Well I called actualy got to a human and was promptly fowarded to a recording with lots of numbers. Called back got same voice and got to ask some questions and she told to me to listen to same recording but get the number for the visa center in Guz. Which is the same number you have to pay for. Hmmm

Guess I will call DOS again tomorrow ans ask them.

If you get the same answer out of DOS you might take the printed copies to your Congressman's Liason (not senator) and ask them if they can get a case status for you as you feel a bit ticked at being asked to pay for a service where the rule is to not have enough English speakers on the job to handle calls from the US to China.

I told the lady on the phone at the Guz, that I was told to call the emabssy there by the DOS. That is when she talked to me a lttle bit more. Said I still had to call the pay number.

My wife bought the pin number a while back and called too yesterday. They also told her the dont know why they told me that. There is nothing going on in our case. Just that we are waiting for an interview date.

I am thinkin maybe it is a note on all our cases that we can call that number and get info but that I had a newbie on the phone and she read every word on the screen. She did seem a bit confused.

I told the lady on the phone at the Guz, that I was told to call the emabssy there by the DOS.  That is when she talked to me a lttle bit more.  Said I still had to call the pay number.

My wife bought the pin number a while back and called too yesterday.  They also told her the dont know why they told me that.  There is nothing going on in our case.  Just that we are waiting for an interview date.

I am thinkin maybe it is a note on all our cases that we can call that number and get info but that I had a newbie on the phone and she read every word on the screen.  She did seem a bit confused.

175472[/snapback]

We are in the same boat man, but my application date is 22 Nov.2004, and name check finished on 11Oct.2005. I dont know why the priority date doest work in CR1 filing. I never get my p3 of k3 as it was sent to GZ much later than my CR1. I feel very frustrated whenever I thought of this freak visa. :) :D

I told the lady on the phone at the Guz, that I was told to call the emabssy there by the DOS.  That is when she talked to me a lttle bit more.  Said I still had to call the pay number.

My wife bought the pin number a while back and called too yesterday.  They also told her the dont know why they told me that.  There is nothing going on in our case.  Just that we are waiting for an interview date.

I am thinkin maybe it is a note on all our cases that we can call that number and get info but that I had a newbie on the phone and she read every word on the screen.  She did seem a bit confused.

175472[/snapback]

We are in the same boat man, but my application date is 22 Nov.2004, and name check finished on 11Oct.2005. I dont know why the priority date doest work in CR1 filing. I never get my p3 of k3 as it was sent to GZ much later than my CR1. I feel very frustrated whenever I thought of this freak visa. :angry: :(

175473[/snapback]

By the way Chad, Did you get your P3 of K3?

I wonder if FAXING the Consulate would yield better results?

I FAXED them after the interview was scheduled but Zhenshu hadn't received her p-4 (because she had moved) and they got right back me with a strategy to get it all ironed out. I gave them her cell number and they called her and arranged a meeting at the Consulate the day before the interview.

That might work for you.

Their FAX number is 86-203884-4412.

I called the DOS yesterday and asked them. Jackie, who was very helpful confirmed what I thought. IT does say contact the Visa center at Guz for information on your case. It is just a note that you can also call the visa center in guz and get same infor. She told me it would be better to call the DOS as it is free and easier.

Paula I never got P3 of K3 either.