k1, 134 form has to be natorized?

Can American citizen notarize the 134 form in China?

I am asking since my fiance is in China now.

Thanks.

173473[/snapback]

It would need to be done at a US Consulate, Citizen's Service Unit. There should be no charge since it is for immigration.

173476[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice.

Since I am in Beijing, I wonder if there is such citizen unit in Beijing office, anyone who can share some info?

Can American citizen notarize the 134 form in China?

I am asking since my fiance is in China now.

Thanks.

173473[/snapback]

It would need to be done at a US Consulate, Citizen's Service Unit. There should be no charge since it is for immigration.

173476[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice.

Since I am in Beijing, I wonder if there is such citizen unit in Beijing office, anyone who can share some info?

173479[/snapback]

Of course, Beijing's embassy has an office for U.S. citizen's services.

Click at the link below:

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/service.html

Paul

The only thing that requires notarization is the I-134. Any USCIS offical can sign it or you can have it notarized by a notary public. They can do this for you at the American services unit at the embasy in Bejing. A transcript of the tax return is fine and doesnt' need notarization.

The only thing that requires notarization is the I-134. Any USCIS offical can sign it or you can have it notarized by a notary public. They can do this for you at the American services unit at the embasy in Bejing. A transcript of the tax return is fine and doesnt' need notarization.

173499[/snapback]

The OF-169 page 2 says to have the tax return notarized.

While I personally believe it to be one of the most anal, idiotic and ridiculous items that GZ demands they could use that as a reason for justifying a denial if they desired and it takes only a few extra seconds to have this done with the I-134.

Now why they only send this information to a person who's English is limited is beyond me, they should be slapped down hard for adding an additional requirement like this in the manner they do.