chinese on I-129K

quick question:  when it asks for fiancee's name/address in native alaphabet what do they want for Chinese?  characters? pobomofo? telegraph numbers?

[tried to find answer in faq but couldn't see it]

Thanks 

p.s. meant I-129f

172656[/snapback]

To my knowledge, it should be written in Chinese. I saw on another website that if you don't know how to write in Chinese or neither is your fiancee available, then ask for help from your friends around who can write in Chinese.

quick question:  when it asks for fiancee's name/address in native alaphabet what do they want for Chinese?  characters? pobomofo? telegraph numbers?

[tried to find answer in faq but couldn't see it]

Thanks 

p.s. meant I-129f

172656[/snapback]

To my knowledge, it should be written in Chinese. I saw on another website that if you don't know how to write in Chinese or neither is your fiancee available, then ask for help from your friends around who can write in Chinese.

172660[/snapback]

...and there's nothing wrong wit "cut & pasting" either.

When I went to China to meet Bing for the first time I took a bunch of copies of the I-129F for her to sign. When I got back although she had signed them all in English there was only one that she had written her name in Chinese in that box on There were a few mistakes on the form so I decided to do it over. I was concerned about getting the Chinese written on the new forms though. After reading the form carefully I came to the conclusion that it wasn't necessarily a signature in Chinese they wanted. Just her name written in Chinese. I took the original form and the new form down to a local Chinese supermarket and talked on the women who work there into writing it for me.

Also, remember that it is this address that the consulate will use in sending out the P3, so in addition to making sure it's in Chinese, make sure it's the right address.

172724[/snapback]

Hello,

My SO and I used the fillable PDF from the USCIS website, Acrobat 7 and many emails back and forth to come to an I-129F that we thought was ok to submit. She was able to type the Chinese characters on her end and send me the completed forms. She also made address sheets for the G-325A supplementals we filed alongside.

-James

When I went to China to meet Bing for the first time I took a bunch of copies of the I-129F for her to sign.  When I got back although she had signed them all in English there was only one that she had written her name in Chinese in that box on  There were a few mistakes on the form so I decided to do it over.  I was concerned about getting the Chinese written on the new forms though. After reading the form carefully I came to the conclusion that it wasn't necessarily a signature in Chinese they wanted.  Just her name written in Chinese.  I took the original form and the new form down to a local Chinese supermarket and talked on the women who work there into writing it for me.

172666[/snapback]

I agree. It isn't a signature they want, it's a clear version of the SO's name and address in their native language. I used Alta Vista's "Babelfish" to see if her address would translate back to English, and started cracking up it was so garbled. :toot:

All I did was to get my qizi to email me her name and address and literally 'cut & paste!'.... :o

173730[/snapback]

Ditto.........seemed to be the fastest.......she literally just dropped the address in chinese characterson the MSN messenger, I cut and pasted it to a word doc.