Is there professional help?

Is there a service or company in China that helps the SO’s compile, collect and provide general information on K1/K3 Visa’s?

170923[/snapback]

I can not stress this enough but be very very careful who you deal with in regards to assistance in filing papers in China. Many of these so called visa services are scams who don't fill out the forms correctly or later turn out to be a front for extortion. Many will tell you that for an exorbitant amount of money they will guaranty you a visa. Then if you decline will blackmail you with the threat of third party correspondence to the consulate. Third party correspondence is a very serious issue that could cost you months and months of delays or even outright denial of your visa. The forms are not that hard to fill out. Do it yourself or get an American immigration attorney to do it for you (waste of money) . Keep you immigration plans to yourself and only divulge you are going through the process on a need to know basis.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

There has been a great deal of discussion on this site from those that suspect "third-party" influence as the cause for extended delays in procuring their Visa. These third-party people can create extreme difficulty by telephoning, emailing, or using other means to cause someone harm.

Take the time to do it yourself. Correspond with your partner via email, telephone, and mail. The few days to weeks that you spend doing it this way will provide the security you need in your case.

do it yourself, and we are all here to help you through the process, as Carl says, the forms are not that difficult, and the possible problems you can encounter by having someone assist you in China is not worth it... unless you contact King, he is an American attorney that works in the same building as the new Counsulate....

good luck

Unless you are using someone like king ( http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9030 ), I'd take Carl's (warpedbored) advice very seriously.

171013[/snapback]

Although I did not have to use him , I saw King working at the consulate and talked to him just briefly .

From that conversation , and his good reputation I would have used him if I needed representation.

It was clear that he does not sit around and do nothing like some visa attorneys .

The Day I was there he was representing clients with visa issues and dealing with the VO's at the 4th floor windows. He was well dressed , professional and polite .

Your SO can go to 001 forum.

In fact, everyone here is willing to help...

All informations you needed are out there. No need to spend money for others to do what you can do... Just my 2cents.

If you want to...PM and I will send you my site's link...if she still have questions,I am more than willing to tell whatever I know.