Documents expiring

When our process started on 14 April 2004 my lawyer got copies of notarized documents and I think some are expired now. Since it took 7.5 months at CSC and now 1 year at NVC I don't think it is our fault for the delays. Will we need to get these documents redone or will GZ understand the U.S. Government sat on our case and it was no fault of ours?

Will we need to get new ones??

thanks,

Larry

Guest ShaQuaNew

You'd think after the delay they would be more understanding, but indeed you must know by now that they aren't. After you get the new ones done, be sure to put the old ones on top.....

be specific about the documents in question...

I'm sure you don't mean birth certificates (which don't expire)... but let's talk specifics... It helps to see if you really have everything you need as well...

169862[/snapback]

I will have to ask Li since she brought this to my attention. One was about her being single.

I will get back to you, thanks.

I'm sure you don't mean birth certificates (which don't expire)... but let's talk specifics...   It helps to see if you really have everything you need as well...

169862[/snapback]

I will have to ask Li since she brought this to my attention. One was about her being single.

169863[/snapback]

Larry, the single certificate and police certificate have a limited life to them. If there is any concern about them being too old for the interview you should get new ones when she received the appointment letter.

Along with this you should also send a new letter of intent, reaffirming your desire to marry. While it is not normally requested it shows you haven't lost interest as time passed. I am sure you will be sending various other documents and evidence to her one she receives the appointment letter.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

I'm sure you don't mean birth certificates (which don't expire)... but let's talk specifics...   It helps to see if you really have everything you need as well...

169862[/snapback]

169863[/snapback]

Hi, I am Li. My single certificate was good for one year and expired on 01/30/2005. The officer in the notary department gave me a blank form about police and told me that it is only for at most 1 year. So I won't get my police certificate until after I receive P3, also get a new single certificate. Thank you!

Hope our case can get out of the namecheck black hole VERY soon. I miss Larry SO much!! :rolleyes: :candle: God bless us!

Li

Hi, I am Li.

Hope our case can get out of the namecheck black hole VERY soon. I miss Larry SO much!! :rolleyes:  :candle: God bless us!

Li

169979[/snapback]

I hope you will get out of the namecheck black hole very soon!! I am very thankful to receive the letter from NVC today saying our case is being forwarded to GZ, so I can't imagine what you have been going through and wish you all the best of luck to complete this painful wait very soon!!!

Li and Larry,

I would concur with the others here about the documents -- GUZ needs fresh copies of the single/police certificates. Same goes for financial information.

Also...don't get them done when you get the P3! What most seem to do here (which I didn't b/c I joined CFL later) is just send in the P3 checklist saying they have all of the documents ready ASAP. If you send yours in late (as we did) your interview will be scheduled that much later. Ours was delayed by two months b/c we waited for a month to send back that checklist.

For more details, just check out the P3 and P4 FAQs in the links/resources section. It's the pinned thread at the top of the forum.