I am a member of the Chinese Communist Party

I joined the party in 1996 because I was influenced ( told that it would help my career ).

Does anyone have experiences with what questions might be asked of me at the interview ?

169811[/snapback]

be honest.... your response for joining the CCP that it was to get you a good job as reason should satisfy the VO

good luck

Edited by HanLi (see edit history)
Thanks ,

This is something that we worry about .

I have never had a party position -office holder and I have not  gone any meeting or activities.

Should I resign from the party ?

169817[/snapback]

Yes...........

Guest ShaQuaNew
I joined the party in 1996 because I was influenced ( told that it would help my career ).

Does anyone have experiences with what questions might be asked of me at the interview ?

169811[/snapback]

This is an EXTREMELY sensitive issue with the United States, and some that joined the communist party may be permanently barred from entering the country. I will attempt to locate and post the information here shortly.

Guest ShaQuaNew

See the following....

Sec. 313.1 Definitions.

http://uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/inserts/s...ument-frame.htm

related to citizenship...

http://uscis.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inserts/s...ument-frame.htm

news stories...

http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-3-20/27199.html

Most important thing is that you resign immediately. I didn't save the links the speak specifically of the steps you must take, but I know there was extensive discussion on Candle relating to the communiste party and immigration....

edit...

here's the Candle link....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...communist+party

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Thanks ,

This is something that we worry about .

I have never had a party position -office holder and I have not  gone any meeting or activities.

Should I resign from the party ?

169817[/snapback]

You should consider the situation carefully before resigning from the communist party. This could possibly cause work problems before you leave China. Joining to get a better job and better living conditions is understood and has not seemed to have been an issue for many.

Resigning will not have the affect some might have you believe, the question has been "have you ever been a member of the communist party". If it would cause you hardship before coming to the US do not resign.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=10906

Some remember days gone past when it was an extremely sensitive issue with the US, but for the most part those days are in the past.

The wisest action concerning this is to be prepared to explain why you joined, the reason you told us is considered an exception to the policy.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

Lost in this discussion somehow is inquiry into the question of how a so-called "free society" can make immigration decisions based on a particular political orthodoxy. Is there not something fundamentally contradictory (and repugnant) for a society like ours to deny someone access to this country because of their personal political beliefs?

It is all so MacCarthy-esque (being roasted because you were once a "member of the Communist Party").

And especially when it relates to a political philosophy whose basic tenet is "From each according to his (or her) abilities; to each according to his (or her) needs."

It is not a very big step from that kind of political litmus test to a similar religious or racial one.

I believe there was a country in Europe with similar policies regarding personal beliefs and traits we fought a war with about 60 years ago.

What are we becoming? What have we become?

Edited by shyaushu (see edit history)

Even Communist Party is reforming themselves and China: forty years ago afflications with western countries will absolutely incur a lot of difficulties in one's life: no career promotion, no college matriculation and even separation from one's non-politically right partner.

But there are so many Chinese ladies marrying foreigners now...never talking about "politically right" stuff any more: we need to be realistic about the fast developing global inter-exchange businesses, including wives and husbands.:-)

So, maybe the United States can gradually make some opening and reform over these sensitive issues,too.

Edited by Homeprincess (see edit history)
Lost in this discussion somehow is inquiry into the question of how a so-called "free society" can make immigration decisions based on a particular political orthodoxy.  Is there not something fundamentally contradictory (and repugnant) for a society like ours to deny someone access to this country because of their personal political beliefs?

It is all so MacCarthy-esque (being roasted because you were once a "member of the Communist Party").

And especially when it relates to a political philosophy whose basic tenet is "From each according to his (or her) abilities; to each according to his (or her) needs."

It is not a very big step from that kind of political litmus test to a similar religious or racial one. 

I believe there was a country in Europe with similar policies regarding personal beliefs and traits we fought a war with about 60 years ago.

What are we becoming?  What have we become?

169852[/snapback]

Only 'lost' because it is not what the original poster is asking about...

Your points are good and maybe start a new thread for discussion and let this one try to answer his questions...

Guest ShaQuaNew
Another question very related with the original one is:

Does one need to tell the truth to GZ about one's communist party member status, if telling the truth means "unnecessary" trouble at the interview?

How can GZ find out the real status since they do not share info database with Chinese government?

169865[/snapback]

I agree with David. Keeping on topic is important here as this can easily take on a life of it's own. Post a new thread if you've got another question.

Another question very related with the original one is:

Does one need to tell the truth to GZ about one's communist party member status, if telling the truth means "unnecessary" trouble at the interview?

How can GZ find out the real status since they do not share info database with Chinese government?

169865[/snapback]

There's lots of good info and discussion in the link that Jesse posted , the Candle link...

The golden rule is, "NEVER, EVER LIE in this process"... Then you cover your tracks and, well... there should be no tracks to cover over anyway.

There are two documents which the SO fills out which will ask this and then the VO can ask it at the interview as well. Not that often, but enough times that one should be aware of it as a question.

Think over the questions below carefully and come up with satisfying/brief answers to convince VO that you are just reuniting with your SO and bear no threat to U.S.A.

A,name of the communist or other totalitarian party to which he/she belong or belonged;

B,reason for joining;

C,dates of membership;

D,any offices held;

E,why he/she remained a member;

F'any education or standard of living benefits by membership;

G,degree to which he/she accepts(ed) the structure,goals,methods,and practices of the party;

H,if he/she terminated the association, the date of termination and reason for terminating.