I just got of the phone with a DOS representative....

I was inquiring about the name check process and the "At Gateway" status at DHL. I also asked when we might receive the P-3.

She was unsure about the "At Gateway" status... she mentioned that it is probably being held at customs.

She said that their was a first name check done already by the NVC but the second has not been initiated yet, she said that would be initiated by the consulate.

Then she told me that my wife would not receive a P-3!? She said that since we are a CR1 Visa (I-130), we have already completed the Ds-230, so it would not be necessary!? She said that the next notice that we would receive would be an interview date.

Does this representative know what she is talking about?

yes she does.,......

hang in there, you're in the QUE..........

yes she does.,......

169583[/snapback]

When you say "Yes she does", do you mean that the representative does know what she is talking about?

If so, what does that mean for my Interview wait time? All the stats I see show P-3 to P-4 then P-4 to Interview. Which appears to be taking 5 months on average. Am I going to get a month or two cut out if we don't have to wait for the P-3 and it's return and processing. Or am I completely lost? If so, could you please point me in the direction of some documentation.

yes she does.,......

169583[/snapback]

When you say "Yes she does", do you mean that the representative does know what she is talking about?

If so, what does that mean for my Interview wait time? All the stats I see show P-3 to P-4 then P-4 to Interview. Which appears to be taking 5 months on average. Am I going to get a month or two cut out if we don't have to wait for the P-3 and it's return and processing. Or am I completely lost? If so, could you please point me in the direction of some documentation.

169587[/snapback]

Just as an example, my wifes I-130 was forwarded to GUZ on May 11. Her interview is on Dec 21. Hopefully the process has sped up since ours arrived. Also, there are docs to be filled out when the P4 arrives.

Bruce

For CR1, most of the paperwork is done at NVC... so the P3 often mentioned in these threads is thinking more of the K1,K3 visas.

I believe the CR1 will get something (maybe the OF-169?), just not as many documents as say a K1. You would send that back to GUZ and then get the P4, which will contain the DS-230, part II .. which you'll bring to the medical with some other stuff.

The data suggests no advantage to any visa type once it gets to the consulate... so your in the same waiting line as everyone else...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...es_1315.html#5b

What Does the National Visa Center Do?

After a Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in the United States approves the petition, it sends the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC does the following:

Assigns a case number

Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your spouse). The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.

Sends the bill for the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support processing to the petitioner

Sends the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee

Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC

Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, form DS-230

Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.

Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete

Note: It is important to follow instructions from the NVC carefully. Send the NVC only those things that it asks for.

They specifically do NOT call it a "P3" Intentionally. The P3 is the equivelant of the 230 and the 864.

The lady is telling you that your secruity check is finished and your in que for an interview. I was "in que" for 3 months.

You got good news. Be happy.

:greenblob: :greenblob: