More Notes From The Field

Hi all!

Just got back and still cant sleep, so I thought I would give some detail to the stay at GUZ.

We stayed in the Grand palace Hotel, which is a half block walk to the consulate. Price was reasonable, and there is a 7-11 right across the street for water and what not.

Also close to the subway station which gets you areound all over GZ for 5 yuan apiece at most. There is also several banks close by, since the hotel gave lousy exchange rates.

Jin had contacted Mr. Yang from 001, about getting around for the examination at the Hospital. Even though we did not book into the hotel room, he showed up at the Hotel, and took us to the Hospital on Thursday, and got the nurses attention and got things going, as well as waited around till she was well underway. We also saw him at the day of interview and made sure we got in the right line.

I thought he was a very helpfull and professional man. Many thanks for his help.

We had the paperwork expidited so we picked up the paperwork on Friday.

Guys, make sure you bring some reading material as you wait at the hospital and in the coffee shop .

After the interview on monday, we were scheduled to pick up the visa on Wednesday. Make sure your so brings her picture ID along with to pick up the visa packet, or you cannot pick it up, no exceptions.

Hope this is helpfull.

Thanks for the information. Dealing with GUZ is the next step for SO and I. She just got a printer and is printing some evidence in case it is needed. I want her to be as prepared as possible.

What are the interview surroundings like? Is is a long hall of glass windows you walk up to or is it an office with a desk? I really have no idea what to tell her to be more comfortable with what is coming.

Just a small thing I guess.

Larry

Thanks for the information.  Dealing with GUZ is the next step for SO and I.  She just got a printer and is printing some evidence in case it is needed.  I want her to be as prepared as possible.

What are the interview surroundings like?  Is is a long hall of glass windows you walk up to or is it an office with a desk?  I really have no idea what to tell her to be more comfortable with what is coming.

Just a small thing I guess.

Larry

168083[/snapback]

Larry,

No such thing as a small thing. We prepared as best we could with evidence for a bona fide relationship and financial information.

We brought a sampling of everything that was selected from the begining of our relationship till the time I left for GUZ.

Inszide the interview room, I cannot tell you, but Jin can. I will see if she will contribute aq piece here.

The outside courtyard is clearly marled for immigrant and non-immigrant applicants. You wait in line and she shows her passport and her notice for interview and is given a green card with a number on it. Then you are allowed to go inside.

You take an escelator up three floors I think ( I was too busy checking out the stonework inside the building), then you reach a lettle entrance with a guard or two checking the documents, then proceed up another flight of escalators into the room.

The so sits in a coffee shop right next door, and when she is done comes right there tio get you.

Larry, good luck and let me know how it goes.

Rick