It saddens me every time I see someone get yet another blue slip. Is it me or does it seem to be getting more frequent? Even though I am impressed by the number of members who take part in this forum, I'm sure it is only a small number compared to all the people who are going through a visa process at GUZ. It makes me wonder what the true ratio is of blue slips vs. red slips, and how that compares to other consulates around the world.

And although most blue slips are successfully overcome, wouldn't it be a lot better if the VO's can spend more time during the first interview instead of giving out a blue slip without apparent reason? Make a more educated decision based on the actual evidence our SO's bring to the interview? I can't help but have the impression, from reading others' experiences, that the first interview appointment is more like a lottery ticket. And when you don't win, you may get another lottery ticket with a higher chance of winning (maybe), at the expense of time and money from the SO and petitioner. I've heard the argument before that if VO's were to give more time to each case then the wait would be even longer. But, I think, and I hope I speak for everyone here, that most of us would rather wait a little longer, but in return be given a fair chance at the first interview. The wait is already so long, I know, but seeing the craziness some folks are forced through after the interview - it's just so disheartening and rediculous. Who's going to give us back the time we lost being apart from our SO's?

Sorry had to vent a little.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Venting is just fine, and this is the ideal forum for expressing your concerns. The recent denials however don't appear to be for anything new. It's pretty much the same stuff that is getting people denied. When you see this happening take fair warning to realize that compiling as much evidence as you can is your friend. I have a good deal more evidence on hand to prove that I met my fiance face to face than what I sent with my petition. Additionally, I have a good deal more evidence on hand that illustrates that we communicate everyday by telephone.

I have a log book that contains the names and ID numbers of every government official with whom I've discussed my case. This log book also contains the date, time of day, and a short summary of the conversation.

Documentation is your strongest friend and ally during this process, and if you keep it, it also can be used in court to prove corruption, prejudice, false allegations, and erroneous claims.....

If one looks at the monthly trend of number of interviews: July and August was very low; Sept, Oct and Nov are among the highest three straight months. So, the 'apparent' rise in denials is somewhat a function of the increase in interviews we are seeing.

CFL members who have gone to the American Citizen Hour often report interesting tidbits... one is that VOs have a 'per day quota'.... the below is in the FAQ Interview:

3. If a VO suspects fraud during an interview, why do most VOs not review "all" the supporting documents that the applicant brings (I said that I know of several case were this occured and the interviewing VO would not look at the documents). He stated that is should not happen and he personally reviews supporting documents if he has doubts. However, he did state the the VOs are under pressure to complete a certain number of interviews each day.

4. If interviews last approximately 5 minutes, why cannot US spouses/fiancees be present to prove the ongoing relatioship question? It is not the policy at GZ to do this, space limitations, and prior problems when this was done in the past.

5. For him personally how many family based interviews does he average each day? He stated that the Consulate wants 25 per day, but the VOs, including himself, are handling about 20 per day. This is another reason why the interviews are so short. In addtion, each VO must also review overcome documents from their prior yellow slips within 24 hours.

---

Nevertheless, this is a very personal experience and the stress runs high on both sides of the relationship. And I am sure disheartening for those in the process seeing the denials.

---

My personal approach is to take it like it is an business deal... Not to take anything personal. Just always give them what they want and you'll eventually get what you want.

Here is how I prepared my SO for the emotional part of the interview:

I told her that the interview can occur in either one or two stages. If they don't feel like the first one is enough time or enough documentation to make a decision, they will ask us to come back later with more. I told her that this is nothing unusally if we are asked to come back again, and she should not take it personally as anything about her. That if she is asked to come back again, we will just gather up what they want and give it to them. Then at that time, we should get the visa, unless they ask for more information; in which case we'll give it to them...

Here is how I prepared my SO for the emotional part of the interview: 

I told her that the interview can occur in either one or two stages.  If they don't feel like the first one is enough time or enough documentation to make a decision, they will ask us to come back later with more.  I told her that this is nothing unusally if we are asked to come back again, and she should not take it personally as anything about her.   That if she is asked to come back again, we will just gather up what they want and give it to them.  Then at that time, we should get the visa, unless they ask for more information; in which case we'll give it to them...

166846[/snapback]

This is also what my husband being telling me: "Go to see what the VOs want, then we will prepare for them." "If they still don't let you come, I will just move back to China".

I think this is a wise strategy.

Edited by Joanne (see edit history)
Here is how I prepared my SO for the emotional part of the interview:?

I told her that the interview can occur in either one or two stages.?If they don't feel like the first one is enough time or enough documentation to make a decision, they will ask us to come back later with more.?I told her that this is nothing unusally if we are asked to come back again, and she should not take it personally as anything about her.?nbsp; That if she is asked to come back again, we will just gather up what they want and give it to them.?Then at that time, we should get the visa, unless they ask for more information; in which case we'll give it to them...

166846[/snapback]

This is also what my husband being telling me: "Go to see what the VOs want, then we will prepare for them." "If they still don't let you come, I will just move back to China".

I think this is a wise strategy.

166852[/snapback]

After the interview I asked my SO how she 'felt' in terms of her nerves, etc... She said that she was free of worry, like the visa did not matter... :unsure:

I asked her why, she said, "you told me.. if no visa then you live in china"... :ph34r: I'm sure I told her that.... :rolleyes: :wub: :hug:

But I agree as stated above... Wouldn't it make MORE SENSE to do fewer interviews each day - make them last longer - make us wait longer to be scheduled - BUT at the very least - look at the supporting documents that we take to the interview? Seems like they are doing this ass backwards! It just does not make any logical sense. I understand their job - but it seems there would be a much better way of doing this.

OK - stop laughing - I know it is what it is - but maybe someday they will read some of these posts and figure it out?

Perhaps the best thing to do is to continue discussing this matter here - make a new thread everyday - until GUZ one day reads enough of it and maybe swallows a bit of the idea???

We have to figure out a way to make them realize THERE IS A BETTER WAY...

Just my stupid opinion,

Scott