Transferring money from China to USA

I think most of those links are sending money to China. This request is to go the other way. I would be interesting how to set this up also, because I am seriously considering teaching over there to be with my SO while we wait (and more so for the experience), and I would have bills to pay over here in the US.

I thought that there was no US limit on the amount of USD brought into the country, but I seem to recall that China tries to restrict the amount of USD that can leave China.

There is a required US declaration if the amount of cash is over $10,000, designed to identify dirty money - no tax consequences assoicated with the declaration.

I think most of those links are sending money to China.  This request is to go the other way.  I would be interesting how to set this up also, because I am seriously considering teaching over there to be with my SO while we wait (and more so for the experience), and I would have bills to pay over here in the US.

166769[/snapback]

If your only concern is paying bills in the US, there are many online banks that you can access from China that have bill pay options. I recommend Citibank as money transfers across the sea are also cheap and easy!