Employment and bank letter

I just received my NOA2. Would now be a good time to begin to gather some of the important papers such as Employment and bank letter? David I'm sure you will throw out about 5 links. lmao I checked the link you gave me before about the steps and timeframes and it was suggested to begin gathering right away after NOA2. I am only concerned about the dates that will be on the letters. Or maybe I should not be so concerned when it comes to my employment and bank letter. Also I assume I send my SO the completed I-134 at the same time I send her my employment, banking, letter of intent and the rest of the kitchen sink? Am I rambling? :)

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

Five links? Is that all I'm good for? Let me ramble a reply instead of a link... :angry: (you got the FAQ links already anyway :) )

I just hate it when a post comes back to haunt me... I suspect that a link to Visa Journey (VJ) was reviewed. There is one bad piece of advice on the VJ visa flow, since the US Consulate in Guangzhou is abnormally long compared to the rest of the world. (On the VJ site, it recommends gathering and sending this stuff after NOA2 is received.)

I recommend you send it at about the time of her getting the P4 letter. Then they are dated near the interview and without question. At that time, she will also want to get her notarial papers (police certificate, birth certificate, and 'single' certificate).

So, yes, send I-134 at same time (that get's notarized)... The bank letter is only needed if you want to claim assets on the I-134. If your income is clearly covering the necessary limit, then I recommend to leave off assets and then you don't need the bank statement. Your 'proof' of income would be taxes/W2s and employment letter. Keep the I-134 (and your proof) simple if you can.

Thx David......2 questions.

I-134: Is their a place on the form for a notary?

SO's police, divorce, birth. I have her originals. Only the police certificate needs to be updated closer to the P-4? Also is a single certificate needed for the SO? I thought divorce certificate was good enough.

Taxes.....How many years worth? I have 02,03,04, and soon to be 05. But I'm missing 03 W-2. That may stand out like a sore thumb when I have 02 and 04 but not 03.

Ooops......that was 4 questions. :)

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)

The I 134 is a two page form back to back. The notary will sign, stamp , and date the second (or back) page at the top. They only require three years taxes for the AOS after she comes over to the US. Right now they require only last years 1040. I had three years worth at the interview but they didn't look at the past years nor did they ask for it. Your accountant or place of employment should have copies of your past W-2. Worst comes to worst you can request the IRS for a copy.

If you have the divorce papers that's fine but how would they know if she didn't marry after that. The notarized single cetificate would prove that point.

Police AND single certificate should be closer dated to the interview.

What is a "single certificate"? We both have divorce papers ... hers have gone throught the Chines Notary process.

I imagine it's something you must get from a Notary in China ... what supporting documents are required for the Notary to issue this thing?

Please don't tell me that the US person needs a "single certificate" ...

:wacko:

US citizen does not need a single certificate. They will be looking at your SO's documents. If you go for the kitchen sink approach it will be a sworn statement from her that she is single and able to marry. This will be similar to the never married notarization.

166775[/snapback]

Hmmm ... how does this differ from the "intent to marry statement" (I will get married within 90 days etc) ... or is it the same?

The I 134 is a two page form back to back. The notary will sign, stamp , and date the second (or back) page at the top. They only require three years taxes for the AOS after she comes over to the US. Right now they require only last years 1040. I had three years worth at the interview but they didn't look at the past years nor did they ask for it. Your accountant or place of employment should have copies of your past W-2. Worst comes to worst you can request the IRS for a copy.

If you have the divorce papers that's fine but how would they know if she didn't marry after that. The notarized single cetificate would prove that point.

Police AND single certificate should be closer dated to the interview.

166764[/snapback]

I agree.. be concerned with having a copy of the 1040 for the interview.. but the W2 might be needed at the AOS interview.

Also, concerning notarial birth certificates.. if you already have it.. make sure you have a few copies, you'll need them in the US as well.

US citizen does not need a single certificate. They will be looking at your SO's documents. If you go for the kitchen sink approach it will be a sworn statement from her that she is single and able to marry. This will be similar to the never married notarization.

166775[/snapback]

Hmmm ... how does this differ from the "intent to marry statement" (I will get married within 90 days etc) ... or is it the same?

166784[/snapback]

The 'Single certificate' is what is call proof of the martial status... for a K1, their status is 'single' or not married. So, the same agency which will do the police and birth certs can also do one to prove her status is 'not married'... This is a P3 document mentioned in the OF-169.

There are two 'Intents to marry'...

(1) one that goes in the I-129F/K1 petition and is minimally done by the USC and notarized. Although the directions on the I-129F state this is needed from "you and your fiancee" some (like myself) report only the USC doing it.

Some have brought updated ones to the interview since the time laps has been long since the petition and the VOs can ask for another.. but cannot recall the last time this was done. I would say that it would probably only come up for 'overcome' issue...

See FAQ P3 for sample generic wording.

(2) Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry - This is included in the P4 to the beneficiary... she will swear and sign it at the consulates.

Guest pushbrk
I had to jump through hoops for the certificate of singleness. You can't get married in China without it.

4 sigantures required.

1. Public Notary

2. County Clerk (must be of the same county as public notary is registerd.)

3. Dept of State

4. Chinese consulate

168661[/snapback]

Alternatively you can take your certified copies of divorce decree to Consulate in Guangzhou, where they will issue a "certificate of marriageability". This is only for marriage in China. I have no knowledge of what is required in US for foreign fiance. Different subject entirely.

Mike