I just received paperwork for my wife in China. It is asking me to send $70.00 (cashier's check or money order) in order to pay for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) processing fee. It is initially telling me to send the check and tearoff the bottom of the page and make back.

They also sent me a Choice of Agent and Address form (DS-3032). Should I send this to my wife to sign and also to put her address in Chinese where she would check "I no not appoint an agent or an attorney to receive mailabout my application. Mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigrant visa application shoud be sent to me at: (then have her write her address is Chinese and English)?

Also does she need to sign this and send it in?

I just received paperwork for my wife in China.  It is asking me to send $70.00 (cashier's check or money order) in order to pay for the Affidavit of Support (I-864) processing fee.  It is initially telling me to send the check and tearoff the bottom of the page and make back. 

They also sent me a Choice of Agent and Address form (DS-3032).  Should I send this to my wife to sign and also to put her address in Chinese where she would check "I no not appoint an agent or an attorney to receive mailabout my application.  Mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigrant visa application shoud be sent to me at: (then have her write her address is Chinese and English)?

Also does she need to sign this and send it in?

166409[/snapback]

After sending in the Affidavit Of Support fee, the NVC will send out the I-864 package to you.

The DS-3032 sent to you is a copy where your wife in China shoud get the letter also. Check with your wife and see if she received one. Have her sign it and either mail it to you or to the NVC. Keep your copy for a backup and for your records. If your wife hasn't received one, you may have to mail her yours. Again, make copies of it.

Mark the block assigning you, the petitioner as the agent. The NVC prefers correspondences to be handled in the states and all mail will come to you.

Some things you will have to mail back and forth to your wife for information and signatures. Don't be concerned with the time it takes to do this. Be more concerned in getting it right the first time thus avoiding any lost time in having to do it all over again.

None of it is hard to complete. Just take your time and follow the instructions. For any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask here.

-good luck

Here's what I did.

Filled out the ds 3032 for her, scanned it into .pdf and e-mailed it to her.

She signed it and mailed it to NH. Took 1 week.

Got a certified check from the bank and mailed the $$$ for the app to the address on the letter.

(the return address on the letter was slightly different than the self addressed envelope.)

She wants an Agent! It's you.

Fill in your name and address.

Edited by Mengxin (see edit history)