newbie with ????

Hi, iam new here and needing alittle help !!!!!!!!!

sent k1 ALREADY

P1 sept 13 2005

heres the questions i have and need help with

Can SO be my agent in china??

Can i buy home in china without being married to SO ??

which way is the best for banking in china ?? having account or just sending westerunion ?? is there a max amount you can put in to checking acount ??

Can i live with SO while we wait for k1??

is there a time limit on how long i can stay on visitors visa??

Can i get green card before we are married ??

THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT PETER

Hi, iam new here and needing alittle help !!!!!!!!!

sent k1 ALREADY

P1 sept 13 2005

heres the questions i have and need help with

Can SO be my agent in china??

Can i buy home in china without being married to SO ??

which way is the best for banking in china ?? having account or just sending westerunion ?? is there a max amount you can put in to checking acount ??

Can i live with SO while we wait for k1??

is there a time limit on how long i can stay on visitors visa??

THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT          PETER

165925[/snapback]

Peter, let me give your questions a try.

Can SO be my agent in China?

- Yes, for most dealings. The safest way is to get a Notary certificate stating that you SO will act on behalf of you. (I would suggest you think twice whether you want to do this before you get married.)

Can I buy home in China without being married to SO?

- Yes. I don't know the procedures though.

Which way is teh best for banking in China?

- Don't know what is best. One option is that you open a Bank of China account, and either wire transfer to this account or bring traveler's checks and deposit to this account. You may also cash traveler's checks without setting up an account. One thing to keep in mind, Cash and transfered money are treated differently in China. For example, transfered money is allowed transfer back to your US bank account, but cash can not. You also get better exchange rate for transfered money. I am not expert on this. If you care about the related cost and want to make all your money dealings legitimately, need to study more on this topic.

Can I live with SO while we wait for K1?

- Don't know for sure. I guess you can do it as long as you maintain you US domicile. (Being able to receive mails timely, etc.)

Is there a time limit on how long I can stay on visitors visa?

- 3 month after your entry to China. If you register with local police station, you may apply for reentry visa and extension of your staying in China. You may ask your SO to check with Chinese Police bureau visa section.

Can I get green card before we are married?

- Who get green card? I believe your SO (assuming you are the petitioner) can not get green card before you marry him/her.

If you really wanted to stay, you could make arrangements to teach english, and then you could stay a very long time. They want westerners to teach english.

Also, another question, can we get our fiancee's in trouble by living at their home? I am sure many of us have, however I am slightly worried about jealous and unfriendly people towards my fiancee. They would pounce on the chance to get her in trouble.

Guest ShaQuaNew
If you really wanted to stay, you could make arrangements to teach english, and then you could stay a very long time.  They want westerners to teach english. 

Also, another question, can we get our fiancee's in trouble by living at their home?  I am sure many of us have, however I am slightly worried about jealous and unfriendly people towards my fiancee.  They would pounce on the chance to get her in trouble.

166056[/snapback]

Your question is very much off the beaten path. Please help us better understand by expounding on the following:

1. Are you a US citizen or permanent resident?

2. What do you mean by you SO being an "agent" for you

3. Do you have deep pockets? Or a lot of money?

To best answer your questions it would help for you to elaborate on the specifics of your situation. There is really no one size fits all. To be sure, US immigration goes to great lengths to fight fraud, and anyone that even has a hint of it will face denial. A hint can come from as little as failing to be specific.....

THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT          PETER

165925[/snapback]

To apply for K1 for your fiancee, you must be a US citizen. An US citizen does not have Green Card. Green card is for Permanent resident. Maybe you are talking about getting green card for your fiancee. She can't get the green card until she is here in USA, get married, and then apply for Adustment of Status.

Also, another question, can we get our fiancee's in trouble by living at their home?  I am sure many of us have, however I am slightly worried about jealous and unfriendly people towards my fiancee.  They would pounce on the chance to get her in trouble.

166056[/snapback]

You might want to take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13002

And, given the "third party" correspondence problem some members have been having (some po'ed person writing to the consulate to derail a visa), you should give your question some thought.

Peter,

Welcome to CFL ! :P

If you decide to go to China for a longer time than just a short stay, register with the local police as soon as you get there to avoid any fines.

Then you can extend your visa while there, I did this.

I am sure I recall that there is a limit .. .meaning, you can only extend it so many times and then must get another visa, which means going to Hong Kong or Macau to get it.

You should look online and ask some people some questions, which is what I did.. Everyone I asked answered my questions.

I eventually used one of these twice to get visas to china... I also called and talked to them about how to extend my visa and they explained it to me. You can see them at http://www.mychinavisa.com

Best to you and your fiancee !