Confused about fees

I know I may be stupid, but I'm a bit confused here. I know we have to pay the 830RMB ono-immigrant fee before we go to the bank, but what about the IMmigrant Visa fee?

I got a notice in my package about a change in the application fee starting July 26, 2005. I understand this, but it says the following:

"Because of the increase in the RMB exchange rate, starting July 26,2005, the office uses the official exchange rate 1:8.1 when collecting immigrant visa application fees.

The current $380 immigrant visa application fee, if paid in RMB is Y3,078. IV applicants who have paid the $335 IV application fee via the National Visa Center, but not the new surcharge, must pay the additional amount $45 or RMB 364.5 at post.

The K/V processing fee, paid through the CITIC Industrial Bank, is subject to the bank's exchange rate."

Now, my question is this... is the immigrant visa application fee the one we paid when we submitted the K-1? Or is it a different fee? Were we supposed to pay the NVC? How come they never asked me to send them any money? So if I have to pay this (whether it's the make up funds or the whole shebang, where do I pay it? Do I have to pay it before the medical? Thanks for your help!

~~Jenn...

If you are a K-1 then your Visa fee is about $100 or 830 yuan and you pay it at the designated citic bank before the interview, I'm not sure it it needs to be in the medical envelope or not.

The fee you paid with your I-129f was to the USCIS for processing. The other fee's that you are seeing is for DCF's, CR-1, IR-1 visas's.

The $100-830 yuan is the only visa fee a K-1 or K-3 pays