This may be of help to your SO

Yes, that's great! Jun loves it!

It's disturbing though to see the one note on it (in Chinese) that says (not a direct translation: Be careful, there are people standing around who might steal your evidence bag and then ask for money to return it.

That makes me sick -- not only b/c there are people who will stoop to that level. But also b/c you would think GUZ would try to care for the security of the people waiting around and ensure that such things DON'T happen. But no...

It's disturbing though to see the one note on it (in Chinese) that says (not a direct translation: Be careful, there are people standing around who might steal your evidence bag and then ask for money to return it.

That makes me sick -- not only b/c there are people who will stoop to that level. But also b/c you would think GUZ would try to care for the security of the people waiting around and ensure that such things DON'T happen. But no...

163654[/snapback]

It doesnt surprise me. I often felt like a walking ATM rather than a customer. I gave my wallet and passport to my SO after about the first few times I was 'bumped.' I kept my documents in a cargo pocket so they never got anything, but I think at least in GZ there is a mentality that foreigners or people related to foreigners are all rich, and so there is opportunity to make some money off of them, however they can. Get into a taxi by myself, and I will pay 3-5x what I pay when my SO is there talking to the driver. Go to a shop, and they tell me an item costs, say 100RMB. My SO comes in after I walk out, 20RMB. Again, that is just my experiences in GZ, but I think Chinese are as enterprising as anyone, with legal shades of grey irrelevant to the process.

will have to send this over.....