Question about addresses for I-129F and G-325A

Hello,

My SO had her declaration of single and the death certificate for her former husband prepared and notarized. We also prepared a formal Intent to Marry with both our declarations and had it notarized while I was there. These documents have her true residence address, as do all the other documents she has had done so far. BUT, she tells me that there is no secure mailbox at her home so she has all mail delivered to her company.

Now, the I-129F only says 'address' but the G-325A clearly says 'residence address'. My feeling is I should use her residence address everywhere for consistency, but she says we really need to have the packet from the consulate delivered to her company or she probably won't receive it. Can I request that the packet be sent to a different address than used on all the forms? Would this be part of the cover letter for the I-129F? Has anyone had any actual experience with this situation?

-James

Edited by jemmyell (see edit history)
Hello,

My SO had her declaration of single and the death certificate for her former husband prepared and notarized.  We also prepared a formal Intent to Marry with both our declarations and had it notarized while I was there.  These documents have her true residence address, as do all the other documents she has had done so far.  BUT, she tells me that there is no secure mailbox at her home so she has all mail delivered to her company.

Now, the I-129F only says 'address' but the G-325A clearly says 'residence address'.  My feeling is I should use her residence address everywhere for consistency, but she says we really need to have the packet from the consulate delivered to her company or she probably won't receive it.  Can I request that the packet be sent to a different address than used on all the forms?  Would this be part of the cover letter for the I-129F?  Has anyone had any actual experience with this situation?

-James Leonard

163453[/snapback]

I sort of have the same situation, but with my address versus hers. I live in a small town, and street delivery isn't done. Everyone has PO Boxes. So what I did was put the street address and then the PO Box. If her address is long like my wife's, I would attach an 'Additional Sheet' and put the street address and preferred delivery addresses there.

For the Additional Sheet, I put in large letters at the top that it was an Additional Sheet for the (325A / 129F I had them for both forms), and on the 325A that it was for my SO. On the 129F I put both of our names on it. On the original form, I said to "See attached Additional Sheet" and then on the Additional Sheet I put

Question: (then details on what the question was on the form)

(answer to the question)

The format may be a little more than needed, but I wanted it to be implicitly clear so that something l;ike that didnt trigger and RFE and thus delay the time before my SO comes...

I then stapled the G325A to the Additional Sheet with a center staple for their files (I guess they are punched at the top). I just put the I-129F Additional Sheet in the binder behind the I-129F.

I hope this helps!

Merc

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
That's a good way to do it, mercator. My wife, like alot of Chinese, have things mailed to their place of employment rather at their place of residence.

jemmyell, follow mercator's method. I did the same thing. Make it clear which address is which.

-good luck

163538[/snapback]

Hello!

Thanks to both you! My SO and I are now on version 4 of the address sheets we are using because of the length of her address(es)! :P

Now, we will get to V5 and I think the process is worth it. This was worrying her more than anything since she insists she will not get mail sent to her home.

She has formatted an Excel spreadsheet to be VERY close to the actual I-129F form address question sections. I will have her add the mailing address after her residence address with a clear note that it is the mailing address for her.

Thanks again,

-James

Edited by jemmyell (see edit history)